or Connect

Posts by Lucy Alden

When we are home (which is pretty much most of the time) my youngest, who is potty training, is in a long t-shirt.  Whether inside or out.  The only time I currently diaper him is while sleeping or when we are out of the house.  Because he is potty training right now I try not to go out if I don't have to.  We have a very private yard so I don't worry too much about others seeing him (plus he's only 2 1/2).  I agree that I'd feel uncomfortable letting my 4 year old run...
Call some local churches.  Every church I've attended will help with utilities, food, medical expenses, etc.  Most of the people calling for help don't attend and there haven't been any requirements to attend in exchange for help.   Have a garage sale, sell some things on Craigslist, Ebay or a consignment shop.     A friend of mine spent a summer picking up leftovers from people who were done with their garage sales and didn't want to haul the stuff to...
That's been our MO over here.  I think the actual process of getting kids to go on the toilet is easy, its getting them to NOT go in their underwear thats hard.  Each kid has been a little different but, I find it takes about a month of at home nakedness to get them up and running.  In the winter its warm sweaters and shirts, babylegs, sock and slippers.  Needless to say summers are much easier.  We also use group rewarding.  Anytime the kid being potty trained goes in...
Completely agree.         It would be nice.  Unfortunately, its not going to happen.  Ever.  And yeah, that sucks. 
I'm not a lawyer, so grain of salt and all that, but if I were in your shoes I would find out what court the case is being tried (your state, the other state) and then call a lawyer in that area.  At the very least, they should be able to tell you what potential liability you have, if any.  I'd rather go into something like this over-prepared than under-prepared.  Good luck.
Check out the hooping from Burning Man 2010.  Hoopin' Mama, how long have you been doing this and how did you get started?  I'm intrigued now...
We have a laptop but have been toying around with the idea of an ipad.  Would having one of these make an ipad more interchangeable with a laptop?  I'm wondering if the main concern over an ipad is that they don't have a dedicated keyboard.
They sell the Mexican Coca Cola at the Costco near me.  And yes, there is an unexplainable draw to those tall glass bottles!
I didn't say one or two.  I said some, and I stand by that.  Some people are awesome, some are nasty and most fall somewhere in....on both MDC and TWWS.  I actually think you and I have very similar definitions on what mean is.  I don't like name calling.  I don't support being nasty. For crying out loud, I don't swear IRL or online.  Some of what I have read there makes my stomach turn and my skin crawl.  BUT, I think having an open and honest discussion with differing...
  And hence, why I wrote the part in red.  But be clear, it is a mischaracterization to paint all TWWS posters that way.  Yes, there is some bad juju between TWWS and the UC/UP forum here, but ultimately both MDC and TWWS mamas want healthy mamas and healthy babies.  They just really differ on how to achieve that.