or Connect

Posts by busymama77

DS2 is 16 months old and LOVES books.  Each night after bathtime, he goes to a little basket that we have in the boys room that is filled with books, picks one out and runs over to give it to me.  He then plops down and is anxious for the story to begin.  We go through 6 or 7 books each night!  I'm beyond excited about this as DS1 was interested but not near as much as DS2 is and I want to keep this going and make sure it's not a phase! ;)   Ideas? Suggestions?  Even...
Thank you to everyone that replied and offered your empathies, support and advice.   I'm not sure if the constant rearranging is something that I'm doing to get away from another problem or not because I really don't have any outside of just the usual daily stress of being a FT WOHM, taking care of two boys with a DH that travels on occassion, and small debt (mortgage, credit cards).  I do tend to get bored easily and really don't find the time to relax and take it...
I feel the need to move things around in my house quite often.  Move a picture over there, paint this room a certain color, change the curtains, but then turn around and hate it and then want to change it again.  Buy something that I like in the store, a few months later, I find something I like better and feel the need to have it and then change all over again.  DH feels I have a true problem not because it's costing our family money (and not a ton, but enough to...
I didn't get the exact bedspread that I posted but instead a quilt with a very similiar pattern and that pretty blue color.  It's amazing how much of a differene the new quilt has made in our room and I'm actually starting to LIKE the peach again.  It's not as loud as it was with the brown duvet cover.  I think we just had too much brown in our room ( I even took down the brown valances and just kept the white wood blinds up - that made a difference, too ).  But I would...
Awesome.  Thanks for the ideas, mama!! :)  Another person suggested the green color, too - like a lime green but not too bright.     
My 5yo DS started at a new daycare on Monday.  The main reasons for the switch was that his younger brother goes where he's currently going, the former school was a good 30-35 minute drive out of our way, he had graduated from his previous school and was going to be starting at this current school once he began Kindergarten in the Fall for half days.    Before starting at this new school, he knew the Director and other teachers from his younger brother attending...
DH and I are re-doing our bedroom.  Currently, we have a brown duvet and our walls are a peachy color.  We are going to change things up a bit and buy this set this weekend:...
I've been thinking about this, too and the fact that DS is 14 months, we have to steer clear of PB and nutty type things although he's had Butter Pecan ice cream and no reaction to it.  Carrots are good, and DS is a big fan of all types of veggies. 
Thanks, everyone!   I have noticed that since he cut back to just one nap, he's been sleeping MUCH better at night... and longer.  Before it was 9-10 hours now it's 11-12 hours.    
DS is almost 14 months and recently, within the past week or so, he's gone down to one nap at home and at DC.  Before, it's been a mid morning and then a late afternoon nap..usually one to two hours each time.  Now, it's a sold two to two and a half hour nap after lunch.  Is this pretty normal?  DS1 didn't cut back to one nap until he was 3...... sigh. ;)