or Connect

Posts by busymama77

Nice!  I really like that idea.  And he's in to all Superheroes...:)
My ODS is turning 5 this month and he's asked for a Superhero themed birthday party.  FUN!   I'm going to be making the capes myself along with the masks for the kids to wear at the party and to take home.  I've also ordered some really cute little duckies that are dressed up as superheroes that I'll throw in to the mix as well.    Looking for some neat, creative ideas.  Any thoughts?
I could see doing the last option you mentioned, but I worked FT out of the home - both DH and I do, so this is nothing new for DS.  He's been going to daycare since he was 3 months old.  Going less for him, right now, is not an option.
Yeah, I think we may skip friends, too and invite only the Godparents which are really good friends of ours, but it'll keep it all low key and there won't be a ton of kids running around.  Good thought, P.J. ;) 
Last week, DS came home with various things that he had taken from school.  One being an old cell phone and another a set of keys.  These were both taken from the housekeeping and pretend play areas in his classroom at pre-school.  When DH confronted him about this and asked if his teacher said that it was okay to bring it home, DS said 'yes' and seemed like he really meant it.  The next day, we returned the phone and checked with the teacher on the story that DS told...
DS2 will be 1 in 2 months.  I still can't believe it!!  For DS1, we kept the party very simple.  Invited family and some close friends and their LO's.  For a theme, it was a puppy dog theme.  We had cupcakes decorated in primary colors, served hot 'dogs', chips, veggies, fruit, etc.,  I would like to keep it just as simple.  I really like these invites: http://www.tinyprints.com/product/8602/studio_basics_photo_birthday_party_invitations_blocks.html and would like to go...
My 10mo old goes to bed around 7:45-8:15 and wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30am.  He takes two 1 1/2 - 2hr naps at daycare. 
We've had this happen before with our water bill.  It never hurts to call and we found out that it was an actual reading because the month before, something was broken on the meter and the attendant couldn't get a good reading, so they estimated it. 
I've been reading mixed reviews on the Shake Weight and was wondering if anyone has one of their own.  Do you like it? If you like it, did you see results quickly - say, within in a month or so?  If you hate it, why?  How often do you use it?   I'm looking for an alternative to basic arm exercies that I can do at home or I can bring this weight with me to the gym in the building where I work. 
I'm not sure.  There's really no where to move up in my company. I work with sports agents and I'm the office manager/receptionist.  The next move would be an agent, and I haven't been here that long and really haven't been exposed to the details of what an agent does.  Who knows. He did let my scoot out early yesterday - an hour early.  And today, eventhough we're open, he told me to come in later (we're having inclement weather) and that I would only be around for a...