or Connect

Posts by busymama77

I'm still here and hangin' out. I'm feeling a lot like HappiLeigh in the fact that I don't want to wish away these last few days of having one-on-one time with my DS. Eventhough I work full time, every time I have with him right now is pretty precious - even when he's driving me crazy. I wrote an email to my work colleagues today letting them know the circumstance I'm in - next Wednesday being my last OB appt and if I haven't gone by then, then the 26th will be my...
Quote: Originally Posted by lyterae I don't have any definite guideline for you, my dd potty-trained very easily at 2.5 and has just turned 4 and still needs a pull-up for overnights. She stays dry about 3 out of 4 nights. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it and she occasionally wakes up in the night to use the bathroom. Our DS is the same way and DH and I were just talking about this the other night. He turned 4 back in January...
No fasting here, but I will for go meat on Wednesday and Friday.
Quote: Originally Posted by matey I've always just used water. I never even thought of using milk. Same here.
Quote: Originally Posted by choli It would depend on why I had the day off - I had no problem with sending them to daycare if I had to get stuff done, run errands or doctors appointments. My kids always hated that sort of thing, and loved their daycare. Another reason might be that their baby is very routine oriented and does not like to have the routine disturbed. Some babies are like that. Same here. If I intentionally took the day off to...
Good luck, mama. Hope all goes well for you!!
Re: swollen feet - mine come and go - but it's mainly the right foot, but when I continue to drink lots of water and lay on my left, I do notice a huge difference. I had my 38 week check up today and I'm still at 1cm!! My OB asked if I wanted to get induced at 39 weeks, but thought I'd give it one more to see if I make any more progress and go from there - she agreed and so my next appt is scheduled next Wednesday at 11am. Could be my last one and my last day at...
And all of the quick labors - at home, unassisted, etc., - really have me freaked out. I'm mentally unprepared to have this baby at home, in the car, at work, whichever. I'm more prepared to have him at the hospital - standing up or laying down - whichever the case may be - but now that it is getting closer to the end and most of these unassisted births have been the 2ND ONE - I'm a bit on the "holy crap, what will I do if that happens to me" mindset. I KNOW my body...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicole730 Well 8:34pm has come and gone and no labor or baby. Oh well. It's still early anyway. When the baby is pressing on your cervix, does it feel kind of like a knife is trying to come out of your pee-hole? Okay, not while peeing or anything like an UTI, but just like stabbing pain down there? Because I've had quite a bit of that and I am now thinking maybe that is the cervix pain people talk about? Yep,...
Congrats!!