or Connect

Posts by 3 angels

On my fifth baby I studied unassisted birth voraciously just to learn what it was supposed to be like when no one interfered or coached.  I read hundreds of stories.  Many, even a majority of the moms described delivery just like you did.  It isn't crazy at all.  It is what can often happen when a birthing mother is undistracted by her birthing assistants.  In my first four births I had never felt a "pushing contraction", it was always transition and then my body quit....
My perfect reason for no sleepovers I have always told my children no sleepovers (except if emergency babysitting were needed).  First of all, it is a lot of extra work, kids can play during the day, evening should be time for families, or for mom to catch up or relax, not host parties for kids, but I have a much bigger concern.  I always feel that kids are ten times more likely to get into trouble at sleepovers than they are during the day.  They just act different at...
I had planned to UC and at first had felt ecstatic about the prospect.  Then I prayed for help to prepare and was stunned to get a "no" answer.  I couldn't visualize the birth or feel good about it no matter how much I prepared or prayed, which was a lot.  Intuition and guidance from God are critical in UC and mine was telling me "no".  I read Rixa Freeze's dissertation on UC and learned about autonomous birth, which is giving birth according to your own intuition rather...