or Connect

Posts by Sasha's Mama

I know that your labor and birth and circumstances were probably different, but I wanted to share my experience. I felt that way after my first birth, which was an induction for a big baby at 42 weeks that ended up in a c-section after I pushed for 1.5 hours. I checked in for my induction at 8am on a Saturday and he was born at 8:12 am on a Sunday, talk about a time clock! My baby was so far down that my husband actually got to touch his hair, but the dr. didn't want to...
I agree that it's never going to go back to pre-pregnancy "normal". I was really freaked out the first time I checked mine after I had my first (also induced w/cytotec dilated to 10 but ended in a c-section) and I asked my ob because I thought for sure something was terribly wrong. Now 8w pp w/my second baby (vaginal birth this time) it feels the same as it did after my first, kind of open and like a slit instead of a hole. You will still be able to detect changes in...
I came here looking for some sort of SAHM guide or instruction sheet  I had a baby six weeks ago and as of xmas break, my 4 year old is home full time w/me  and my 11 yo is no longer in after school care. I'm not really sure how to make this transition without  it feeling like a perpetual weekend. Also, things like going to the store are really intimidating w/2 kids & a newborn who screams in his carseat, so I've been really hesitant to get anything on our schedule...
I have my six week check-up this week and I'm looking forward to it! I think my tear has healed as good as it's going to get, even though things look different still, and I'll just be glad to get the ok from my midwife :)
No rice cereal here either. I've always heard it was a choking hazard to thicken up their bottles w/that stuff. I had so much pressure from my mom to put my first young baby on rice cereal mixed with milk because he was a big baby and just "so hungry" that my breastmilk wasn't enough      After I went back to work w/my first at four months, I had to supplement with a bottle of formula a day until he was not longer on bottles, and stopped pumping at work completely at...
He is so cute! No help but I like Dominic and Kirin. But since Kirin is close to what was on your original list, I'd go with that. Not that I'm really the best one to give advice - we switched the baby's name from Maxim when he was born and ended up putting Indiana James on his birth certificate... and a month later we're calling him Luca (a name I've always loved that my husband finally came around to, but he's been Noah, Mateo, Max, and quite a few others in the last...
I've had that same feeling at the top too, I didn't know if it was the nerves trying to regain sensation from everything being stretched or what. I need to find a new GYN because I'm not going back to my old OB group from my first birth (I'm concerned they'll harass me about choosing to hbac and I don't feel like dealing w/that) and my midwives had said it's probably normal, but I'm still wondering.   Also, I'm glad to know what I'm feeling isn't totally different from...
I was wondering how everyone's healing/postpartum period is going. I had my baby 19 days ago and it seems like when one thing stops hurting, another thing starts! This birth was a vbac and I was totally unprepared for what would happen to my vulva/vagina/everything else down there. My body is achey and I feel like I need to exercise my muscles, but I'm still healing from a 2nd degree tear and every time I'm up walking too much I start to feel like my butt is going to...
I had my baby! It turns out those contractions yesterday were the real deal! Started having regular contractions at 10am ish, then had the baby at 3:30pm! Called the midwife at 12:45 and my husband barely made it home in time for me to push out the baby   He was my HBAC baby, 9 lbs 14 oz, pushed out in about a half an hour in my crowded bathroom! He weighed just one ounce less than his brother.
I've been having some seriously painful contractions for the last four hours or so... When I was making my son breakfast this morning I felt one strong one that didn't feel like the others I've been having for the last two weeks and then another strong one a half hour later, then a few that were ten minutes apart, and then they were like every five or so minutes when I was at the gym (using my free one day pass to try and kick start labor!), and since I've been home I've...