or Connect

Posts by Sasha's Mama

Is anyone else feeling exhausted all the time? I mean, I have a few good hours, but overall I just want to go home and curl up on my couch! I'm so tired of being at work but I'm only 27 weeks so it's WAY too early for maternity leave. My husband has been out of town w/my oldest son for the last couple weeks, and while I miss him, I'm totally ok with him being gone because it means less work for me - my three year old is happy to eat french toast for dinner and sit down...
My c-section was for the pretty common FTP. My OB thought he was asynclitic, and while I pushed until you could see his hair, my time was up and they figured he was never coming out. I don't believe that he wouldn't have come out, but I know that that was not the best position/environment to get that particular baby out. I'm planning a homebirth this time so I don't anticipate any of the "lay back down, this is the only way he'll come out" crap.   I'm seeing a...
I'm pregnant w/our second baby, and I keep wondering about things that happened during my first labor. In particular, the contractions were awful pretty fast and it literally felt like a grown man was trying to use my pubic bone as a ladder to climb up my body...there was so much painful pressure right on my pubic bone and it was just burning and felt like it was going to break off. Is that a normal feeling? It went from menstrual type cramps to that pubic bone pain...
Am I the only one who is getting hungry reading this thread?! I'm about to go out and buy stuff to make Thanksgiving dinner this week 
I can't find a current moving thread and I'm looking for some support! No one in real life wants to hear the super detailed breakdown of all my decluttering and packing :) We are moving to our first home the week of August 15th and I'm trying to pack our house while my husband is out of the country.
Not sure about Thanksgiving and why they'd be so upset, unless your cooking is REALLY good!   As for the kids birthday, a Halloween birthday party would be fun!  Let the kids wear their costumes and that cuts out on the face painter like you said, and they can do pumpkin decorating for a fun activity. Not sure about the carving w/that many preschoolers running around! And I think you can definitely do a good b-day party for that amount. Cook something big for lunch,...
 I agree!   
Hmm... maybe I'm being totally unrealistic, but I still want Thanksgiving! That's my favorite of all the holidays. We're moving into our first house this month and I thought it would be nice to have Thanksgiving at our house. I'm due Nov. 12, but my first baby went to 42 weeks so I was thinking I wouldn't have even had the baby by then... but now I'm not so sure. Do I really want to be cooking or having people around cooking when I just gave birth? I still want turkey...
My main project right now is packing up/cleaning & moving into our new house. We'll be closing the week of august 15th, and right now my husband is out of town so I'm trying to do major decluttering while he's gone and get things packed.   There's so much to do, I'll just list what I have done so I don't get discouraged!   -Decluttered 1 bag of stuff from the boys' room -Packed up boys' collections -Washed extra blankets to be packed -Sorted through older...
Same here.  I just looked thick around the middle and lost my waistline at about that time. With a blazer and a scarf or dark shirt underneath, you probably wouldn't have even noticed. Second pregnancy, not so much! :)