or Connect

Posts by thursday2

I agree with everything said above, but I also think there may be some SLIGHT truth to the thought that GD causes wilder kids...or rather, the perception that it does.  To be clear, I am in no way saying that I think GD, when done properly, causes wild kids, or that spanking or whatever the non-GD people do is a better way of disciplining your child.  However, I do think that there are people that think they are doing GD when in fact they are doing very little discipline...
I was on a number of different treatments for acne for years as a teen, but the last straw was tetracycline, to which I quickly discovered I was severely allergic.  I finally tried Accutane at around 22, and it was a miracle.  I did end up with horrible dry patches on my arms that was like giant eczema, but I hadn't even realized what a debilitating blow to my self-esteem the acne was until it cleared up.  I think I was only on it for a few months, but I've never gotten...
I can't stand the "new" Curious George books - DH had the originals as a child, and we saw a whole collection for sale at Costco, so we bought it, not realizing they were modern versions.  Awful!!  Every story is: Curious George disobeys a direct instruction, generally given for his safety or the safety of others; things go horribly, dangerously wrong; coincidentally, whilst freaking out about whatever went so horribly wrong, George manages to accidentally save the day;...
I went back to work about 10 hours after I gave birth at home...not because I wanted to, but because I went into labor 10 days early and had clients I needed to contact...it's pretty stinkola.  But that being said, I feel a little guilty about how nice it sometimes can be to say, "see ya later, suckas!" and go to work when the baby is teething and the toddler is pouting and I know I'll be home around bedtime and everyone will be glad to see me. =)  It's definitely hard,...
What has worked (somewhat) with us and our son hitting is to try to get him to verbalize - he pushes or hits us when he's upset about not getting what he wants.  For example, he'll be doing some activity and I'll tell him it's lunch time, but he ignores me.  So at some point I say, "Up to your chair, please," and physically sit him at the table, and then he tries to hit me.  Sometimes he'll even announce it, trying to get attention: "See, mom? I'm not napping, I'm...
I can't advise on the apartment-size, but our front loader washer is the WORST.  We splurged, trying to be environmentally correct, on an energy efficient front loader instead of a cheaper, water-wasting top loader, and we have regretted it since the day our son was born.  Not only do they use less water, they use less soap because there's not much water...so basically they simply try to spin the dirt off your clothes.  If we do use a little more soap because they still...
I'm ok with occasional night nursing, but last night it was 6 times between 1 am and 7 am, and she spit up twice...  She's not getting any REM if she wakes that often, I don't think.  
I've read through some of the other threads, but I'm just so tired I can't process well right now, so forgive if this post is repetitive...   Our 8 month old DD has never once slept through the night.  She's never slept longer than a 4 hour stretch, but typically she's up about every hour or 2.  We started to try sleep training when she was about 6 months and we were on vacation so DH could get up with her, but as soon as we got back home everything went back to...
Another for Home Birth Services.  I've had two with them, I think the first was $4400 and this last one in August was $4500.  
Saw this event and thought I'd post since I know some people home school and don't have this kind of access- There's a College Admission Night happening at the Hilton in Universal City on April 16, 2013.  There's going to be a short seminar on the differences between the SAT and the ACT and which one to take, followed by a Q&A with Admissions Counselors from local universities - I know Pepperdine and University of San Diego are confirmed, and UCLA, UCSD, California...