or Connect

Posts by thursday2

Congrats all!!  People keep naming their kids all the names on my short list!!  Love them!
Rebecca, we have our name for this one, but DS continued to be "lima bean" (his in utero name) for almost a week after birth...And the name we ended up with was literally out of the blue.  Never even on our radar.  So don't worry!  It'll come to you when you see her!   Jenna, are you in the Central Valley?  I'm in SoCal and it's been like that here too - 113 for a few days in a row and my car's air conditioning is broken...the only blessing to DH being gone is that...
Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone!  I really appreciate it - I feel like my IRL friends don't want to hear me whine about my PG anymore...=)    Good luck, sally!!  And here:   Baby dust to everyone but me this week!
I have 2 woven wraps that I got before DS was born - both were pretty expensive (one on sale for $60ish, the other was something like $120) but came so well reviewed and loved that we went for it.  DH (who chose the patterns for both so that they would be more 'manly,' sigh) has never worn either because he feels too self-conscious and thinks they still look feminine...  I do love their versatility, but I never feel like I can tie them tight enough - when DS was a wee...
Just got around to seeing this thread - what beautiful names!!!  Congrats all!!
THIS!  I remember these being the greatest invention known to man...  Aloe juice, btw, not gel - you can get it at whole foods in the section near witch hazel, etc. (the stuff in the drinks aisle all has sugar and flavors added.)  Trader Joe's also sells it, but by the gallon.  And yeah, just a couple of tbs of liquid total or else they're popsicles.   My other favorite pp product was frozen First Years Lanolin Breast Pads - basic disposable breast pads with a bit of...
I've been lurking ever since I joined the group because I just haven't had much to add, but I'd love some positive thoughts...I'm not due until 8/31, but I've felt this whole PG that I was going to go early, a hunch that got so strong over this past weekend that I insisted we hire the babysitter for the full day tomorrow (DH's day off) so we could finish getting the house ready for our HB.  And then this morning, DH's father was found dead.  DH jumped on the first plane...
I had my first with a HB 2 years ago, and am about to have my 2nd HB any day now!  The only thing that would give me pause about a HB for the 1st pregnancy is the distance of the hospital - in our case, we have a top hospital 3 mins away, so it was a non-issue, but since you don't know how your body will respond to birth, I myself would have been very nervous about having a HB in a rural area...but I probably still would have done it.    I agree with the others that...
I was going to reply with the above, and also +1 on the Potette.  Granted, I have a boy who likes to try aiming but being able to stand on the toilet seat is literally what turned the tide to full-on potty trained for us.  I'd imagine for a girl, just take the pants completely off and let her squat slightly - if you hold her waist or thighs, she can hold on to your arms or neck.  We also bring the Potette everywhere, or at least we used to before he got comfortable...
This would be more than I could take EVER.  I think it would make me leave the church and just pray on my own for the rest of my life...