or Connect

Posts by thursday2

If you don't mind my tacking on to this thread instead of starting another - anyone who DIDN'T have their 2-year old around during their HB?  What did you do with them and when did you bring them back?  I had a HB with my first, but even just having DH, MW and MW assistant in the room felt like overload to me, and I loved the peace and quiet after they left and just us getting to know our new addition.  Friends came over to visit the next day and it was overwhelming. ...
I'm 4 months pregnant and have a 20-month old.  He was about 25 lbs last weigh-in, but I think he just had a growth spurt because both my husband and I have noticed he seems a lot heavier lately.  My doctor said at my last appointment that I shouldn't lift or carry him anymore...but honestly that's just impossible.  I wear or carry him all the time - we only have one stroller, a mammoth jogging stroller that we only use for long days out - so he expects to be carried...
Yes, this has to do with pants!   When he's naked at home (most of the time) he rarely has a miss because we throw him on the pot every now and then (he sometimes signs and says "pee" but not often), but yeah, if he's in pants at home, he either tells us just after he's peed or doesn't tell us at all.  I think part of the issue too is that he lately HATES the potty during the day - he doesn't like his playtime being interrupted.  We try to keep it short and fun, but we...
I use the Combi Coccoro in my Jeep Wrangler - nothing else fits that I know of, and it works great! It's a pain to install properly, but otherwise no issues.
I have a Jeep Wrangler, a 19-month old, and am due in September with our second. I have a Combi Coccoro in my car since there's very little room between the backseat and the driver's seat, and it fits rear-facing just fine, though I don't know if I could fit something much longer than that. My husband has a Radian in his (roomier) car. For the new baby, we're trying to figure out what to do - We didn't have infant seats with my first child (those 2 convertibles are all...
I'm not sure if this is even EC anymore or potty training, but I'll put it out there - We've EC'ed our 19-month old basically since birth, but really got more consistent at 3 months or so. When we let him run around naked at home, he's pretty much potty trained at this point - once in a grand while if he's in the middle of something exceedingly fun, he'll pee on the floor, but most of the time he's good. He doesn't always tell us he has to go (he knows sign language for...
I don't want to depress you, but I will tell you my experience:   We had Blue Shield when I got pregnant, which would have covered home-births as an in-network gap exception because Blue Shield did not cover any CNMs.  My husband's employer switched us to Blue Cross less than 3 months before I was due.  We are also in Los Angeles.  Blue Cross covers ONE CNM group based out of USC, which even though is 27 miles from our house, 30 miles is the cutoff - therefore CNMs...
A quick google search because I've heard the lab statistic before myself:   A CDC study over a 20-year period ending 1998 (so already almost 15 years old) that only looked at fatalities: http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf   A highlight from the text about bias: "First, the human DBRF reported here are like-ly underestimated; prior work suggests the approachwe used identifies only 74% of actual cases.1,2Second,to the extent...
Thanks so much for all your supportive responses!  All the blogs and books make it sound so effortless once you get the hang of it that I thought we must have made some major mistake along the way - I'm so glad we're not alone!  Even just since writing the post, we've started keeping potty trips much shorter, and he's already gotten happier about it.  He signs Done very clearly, so when he says Done we take him off, even if I can tell he needs to go.  As a result, he's...
We've been doing EC part-time since DS was born...I say part-time, but it's more like full-time half-assed. =)  We put him on the potty after every nap, before leaving the house, right before a meal or snack, about 20 mins after he finishes eating, and any other time we think he's cue-ing us.  We rarely let him go naked, though, because he was a late crawler and scootched on his belly instead, and our rental house has old hardwood that splinters, so we didn't want him to...