or Connect

Posts by thursday2

We're finding this out the hard way right now!  We were 98% for poops and maybe 50% for pees since about 6 months on - he doesn't cue much at all, so we did it based on timing, and now at 14 months we're suddenly at 25% for poops and still 50% for pees.  Starting a new thread to discuss the older ones, but just wanted to tack on our experience here - watch for cues before they get too headstrong!  LOL
I came on to post about this, but found this post at the top of the page, so I guess I'll add on here, unless someone wants to split this off...   Why NOT the flu vax?  I've never gotten one myself, as I hate needles, don't really mind the flu I guess (though I haven't had it since high school), and hate unnecessary vaccines.  So we've declined it for DS.  But the more I think about it, choosing to get the flu rather than the shot is a decision I make as an adult...
I'm in LA and mine was $4400 last year - all prenatals, birth, postnatal visit with pap.  $6000 seems pricey to me...
We aim for protein, whole grain and fruit or veg at breakfast, protein and veg at lunch, protein, veg and whole grain at dinner.   Some of his favorites: hummus (prefers white bean to garbanzo) or yogurt with diced veggies mixed in (our sneaky way to get him to eat veg when he's in a bad mood), whole wheat tortilla with cheese, spinach and tomato - fold in half and microwave for 30 seconds, mini pita pockets stuffed with tuna or chicken salad (I just mix the meat...
We had this happen - fell off after only 7 days, seemed to be closed, no real leakage issues, and then at about 3 or 4 weeks it was crusted in blood.  The pediatrician told us to just keep it clean and as dry as possible and call if it got infected.  It was black with dried blood in the creases for a good week, but we never saw it bleeding and it eventually just went away with no problems.
Oh, I also try to keep 3-6 hard boiled eggs in the fridge almost all the time.  Quick hit of protein for any of us and comes in its own carrying case!
I keep a stash of date-oat bars and breakfast cookies in the freezer all the time - both made-up inventions... =)   The date bars are just oats, millet, and fresh dates mixed together, pressed into a pan, and baked at 350 until they looked done.  If you can get them, Barhi dates taste like caramel and are deliciously mushy, which makes them mix easier.  You can use any grain you like, btw - I actually don't like millet and was using it up in these, so the next batch...
Tacking onto this thread instead of starting another - how do you hold when you are out?  At home, we have a seat reducer, and we catch 90% of poops and about 50% of pees, but he's never liked the traditional EC hold and will only pee like that if we time it perfectly (like just after a nap).  The big problem is poop - he won't poop while being held, but he definitely hates pooping in his diaper (we've part-time EC'd since birth - he's 13 months now).  Every trip we've...
I don't think size plays into as much as temperament I agree with lifeguard.  We have a 60 lb Rottie mix (not the 100 lb-er you're looking at, but still...) and I grew up with 150-200 lb St. Bernard's.  I also have friends with 12 lb fancy breeds that are yappy, territorial, and nip like crazy.  My sweet girl simply sighs heavily and gets off the couch when LO tries to paw at her.  A dog over 2 may be your better bet (and easier to find at the shelter...
LO is 13 months today and for the past 6 months, every time it's time to sleep (nap, bed, whatever) he HOWLS.  We had him in a sidecarred crib next to the bed until about 2 months ago, but we had to put up barricades during nap time because if he woke he'd silently crawl right out, so we finally lowered the crib.  We kept him in our room for about a week, but he just cried all.night.long., I think because he knew we were there - we'd verbally reassure him or get up to...