or Connect

Posts by mamadeuna

We stayed in Sayulita with extended family, including 3 kids under 6, in one big house a few years back and loved it. There are lots of rental options there, and although the surf gets pretty rough as you head north from town, there are plenty of rentals closer to town where the waves are gentle. The town is small and family friendly, with cute restaurants and a nice central plaza. Also good surfing, if that's your thing. Try VRBO, where you can sort by number of bedrooms,...
I haven't ever traveled on the bus with my daughter, so I didn't pay much attention to seat belts, etc. We always took the car seat with us on trips to Mexico until our daughter was booster age, but usually it would just end up sitting in the house, but it made me feel better to be able to use it if the situation allowed. As far as food, I've never had a problem finding vegetarian options in Mexico. Even at the bus stations I've always been able to buy a cheese sandwich...
Quote: Originally Posted by gretch We are interested in moving to Guanajuato so my son can attend the Waldorf school there and so I can do medical work, do you know of anyone there who could help with work contacts or how best to contact the school? I haven't had much luck with internet searches. Gretch- When are you planning on arriving in Guanajuato? Maybe we'll cross paths... I have been in contact several times with Michelle at Colegio...
Quote: Originally Posted by violette My elementary age son attended Colegio Yeccan from November 2008- May 2009. We will be heading back again in a few weeks. The school recently moved from their location off Boulevard Guanajuato ( on top edge of the "bowl" in Guanajuato proper ) to a more rural location 20 minutes outside the city, to a town called Puentecillas - I'd be happy to help anyone with information about Colegio Yeccan Waldorf. It is a...
los charcos is in San Miguel, but there is Colegio Yeccan, another Waldorf, in gto city. Do you know anything about it or anyone who has sent their kids there? Sounds promising...
we'll be spending half of 2010 in guanajuato or cuernavaca. any suggestions on how to approach school for a 1st grader? we'd love to have her in a school where she's with spanish-speaking kids...