or Connect

Posts by marymamma

You can go farther south and get a 3-4 bedroom house for that price. Look in the 78745 zip code. There are lots of parks, schools, and shopping in the area. Southpark Meadows is a huge shopping area that was built recently. They have a really nice playground for the kids, live music every evening, resteraunts, and lots of good shopping. There is a new neighborhood being built right next to it and I think the houses start at $180K.
Check out Jackie's School in S. Austin. They have a really unique program. They have gymnastics, swimming, karate, Spanish, sign language, and ballet as part of the curriculum for all grades. It is pre-k through 8th grade. http://www.jackiesschool.com/
My 3 yr old DD was diagnosed with RAD after being sick for 2 months with a bad cough and we ended up in the ER in the middle of the night. We had been taking her to the doctor during this 2 months and they just said "it's a virus it will go away, blah, blah." She had RSV when she was 3 weeks old and they warned us at the time that she may develope asthma when she was older due to the scarring on her lungs. After the ER trip where they prescribed an inhaler (which helped...
Hi ladies! I am looking for a preschool in the South Austin area. My DD goes to one right now, but I am thinking about a change. She will be 4 in November and I will have another DD ready for preschool next fall. I really, really wanted to send them to Jackie's school, but I may be changing jobs soon and the new job would be closer to downtown, so driving down to Jackie's school and then back up to work every day won't be feasible. The thing about Jackie's school I...
I am in TX... My babysitter is from El Salvador and calls anything dirty or trash "caca". I grew up in S. TX where "caca" meant sh!t, so the first time my 18 month old DD came home saying "caca" I was a bit taken aback for sure. I say "ya'll" and "fixin' to" all the time. I say tennis shoes and flip-flops I tell the kids to put up their toys I call soft drinks sodas At the grocery store I use a cart or a basket My grandparents used to refer to pooping as "doing...
Quote: Originally Posted by richella Well, then today she had another spontaneous pee in the potty, then before her bath I had her sit on the potty and she did it again. After the bath she wanted to potty, but I convinced her to drink some water first, then she wanted to go sit, but I got her to wait awhile, then I made her promise that if she didn't pee she wouldn't scream and get mad. Amazingly she didn't! she just smiled and imitated herself getting...
Hi everyone! We are all doing well. Abhi has lost interest in the potty for now and I am too lazy to push it. I figure she will let me know when she is really ready. Fiona has a double ear infection and is getting 3 teeth, so we haven't been getting much sleep lately. She is on antibiotics, so her ears feel better now, but her teeth are still bothering her. We have no big plans this summer, but DH is leaving for a bike competition on Thursday in New Orleans and will...
When my diapers get crunchy like that (and if they have no PUL, fleece, seudecloth, etc) I use a little fabric softener on them. : I only have prefolds and terry fitteds. I haven't had any problems with repelling or less absorbency. Just wanted to add that I use Dawn to wash dipes with.
That is strange. I would think the AIO would be more prone to buildup than the pockets.
DD2 is getting a rash every time she wears a BG 2.0 with the suedecloth lining but not when she wears prefolds or fitteds. I can't figure out if it is detergent buildup on the suedecloth or if she is just sensitive to the suedecloth. I wash all the diapers together, so I don't think it has to do with that. I have tried stripping them in the washer and the dishwasher and she still gets a rash. So, what does it sound like?