or Connect

Posts by dakotablue

If your handy We made ours from an upper kitchen cabinet. We just turned one door to open like a stove, added handles and cut a hole for the sink. (really just drilling holes for knobs, glue and the only difficult thing was cutting the hole) The stove is coasters from Bed Bath and beyond, plus more knobs. The sink is a mixing bowl and the faucet is scarp wood and three of DS's blocks.   It took I think 4 hours total, but that was with breaks and re re re measuring....
So, we're trying actual intervention in Potty learning because, well DS1 is 'trained' in that sometimes he'll ask and he will always go if we sit him, but is not consistently asking.   So far I have said some things, that my gosh I didn't know I'd ever say.   "We don't poop on our friends"   "Leave your brother's penis alone, you have your own"   as well as Nothing! when DS1 peed on potty then dumped it on the couch. (It was first independent sit without...
Don't know the answer to your post, but wanted to mention a cool project I just did for snack bags. I used Honest Tea kids pouches sewn together.   Here's a blog thing explaining one thing you can do with them http://www.instructables.com/id/Recycled-Juice-Pouch-Lunch-Bag/   Don't know if that helps you, but I figured it along the same lines as what your making.
I LOVE Zipporah. We already have two names we defiantly want to use, but if we have a third girl (haven't had any yet) I will try to get Dh to agree to this one. Its so so pretty.   GENDER: Feminine USAGE: Biblical, Hebrew OTHER SCRIPTS: צִפּוֹרָה (Hebrew) PRONOUNCED: zi-PAWR-ə (English), ZIP-ər-ə (English)   [key] Meaning & History From the Hebrew name צִפּוֹרָה (Tzipporah) which meant "bird". In the Old Testament Zipporah was the wife of Moses.
I just had to share this!   This Mom was over due with twins and dance. The video is to funny, best part though she went on to have natural labor (unmedicated with MW!)   http://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2011/11/03/a-40-week-pregnant-woman-dances-herself-into-labor-video/   Mods please move if needed...thought this would be right place.
We were babywearers from day one. It just didn't feel right to have the baby away from us and short of carrying him everywhere we had to find a way to make it work. I was fortunate to have a moby, then I made a Mai tei, Then recently bought our first Boba. I really would love the pack or the new boba. I can't believe how much more comfortable and easy the Boba is compared to my Mai Tei. I was put off initially by the cost, but sitting the baby in a stroller felt so...
Thanks so much. Do you know if the MW's take insurance?    
I had a wonderful VBAC with Malicha (sp?) of Valley Birthplace. I am losing/changing my health insurance at the end of this year to a sucker one that only covers 90%. I'm thinking a homebirth or birthcenter birth would be cheaper than hospital birth. Valley birthplace no longer does VBACs at the center (only in hospital) So I'm wondering if I should look around for another provider (even though they are awesome)   Are there anyplaces/ anyone who takes Vbacs at a...
I'm so so so so wanting another right now. This is around the same time we became pregnant with DS2. DS1 and DS2 are 16 month 10 days apart. At first I was horrified (not really but unsure if we did the right thing, worried it'd be to hard ect...)   I love it! For my family at least, for my DS1 having DS2 was the perfect timing, BUT from 18 months until 23 months having a new born would have been really hard. I would rather have 16-17months apart or 2-2 1/2years...
I'm not having trouble losing or gaining I maintain very well (right now 20lbs too high) But I get hypoglycemic if I don't eat often.   Best snacks (for me) Peanut butter on a spoon! I am Gluten free so my options are limited. I have gluten free waffles I also put peanut butter on. Chicken sausage (I like Al fresco) Easy to cook quick to eat. I cook in microwave and eat like a pickle while chasing my toddler I don't know how this would effect GI, but I like...