or Connect

Posts by aquarius

I didn't vote because what I do isn't listed and it wasn't a natural instinct. I tried unlatching them and putting them down. I tried saying ow that hurts and many other reactions. But those just caused a lot screaming from baby and stress for me. What worked for ds #2 and 3 was to pull them into the breast for a second. They would let go right away. It took once for one of them and twice for the other one to figure out not to bite mom.
lilyka, Wow I didn't notice how much you said that would cost with my last post. My dr charged $28 for a regular visit and $35 for the visit he clipped ds #2's tongue. I'm not sure how much it cost for ds #1 who had to go into out patient surgery, but I'm sure it wan't more than $200 or so. Paula, all the babies on my side of the family have been tongue tied. However, my 3rd ds wasn't at all. I really breathed a sigh of relief when I looked in his mouth the first...
My scores 8 abstract tan, 7 indigo, sensitive tan, 6 enviromental tan, logical tan, crystal and lavender, 5 violet and red. 4 blue and the rest were 3's (but I think I've delt with most of the red overlay). As a small child (maybe 3 or 4) I would see colors around everyone along with a strong sense of who/what that person was. I remember my mother as being slightly pink, and my grandmother as a purple, but with a darkness (I think this was due to her cancer) but...
Listen to your baby and trust yourself. That was said to me after a doc had told me to put my oldest on a strict 3 hour schedule and make him sleep at night. He was tongue tied and nursed all the time. I probably would have starved him or switched to formula had I listened to that doctor.
My oldest two boys were tongue tied. With my oldest my doctor insisted that he dind't need to be clipped ( that was the recommendation at the time, but it has now changed). He struggled to get enough to eat. He would nurse at least 45 minutes every 1.5 -2 hours. He did gain weight, but my goodness he nursed all the time. It's a good thing I have a wonderful supply. I think basicly my milk was just pooring into his mouth with little stimulation. His doctor stilll...
To see if baby is tongue tied look under the tongue. There is a thin piece of skin under the tongue. In a tongue tied baby this piece of skin can come all the way to the tiip of the tongue (some cases are milder). Most of the time baby will not be able to stick the tongue out past the lips. If baby is tongue tied I think it should be clipped (only speaking as a mom of two tongue tied babies, no other expertise ). Ask your friends if you can look in their mouth and...
OUCH Have you checked to see if she is tongue tied. This can cause problems with latch and nipple pain. You can do a search here for tongue tied, I know it's been discussed before and you may find some useful information.
LOL sure put that baby on a diet Ds #3 was a FAT baby he was born at 7 lbs 8 oz and at his 2 month checkup he was 16 lbs 7 oz, 4 months something like 22 lbs. He only nursed every 3 hrs for 10 min at a time and slept at night. At a year he was 30 lbs and at 2 yrs he's 33 lbs. Quite in contrast to ds #2 who was 19 lbs at 1 year ( he nursed constantly) and at 5 yrs weighs 43 lbs (he's bulked up quite a bit in the last year). Both are perfectly healthy boys.
Ds #3 called it boo for a long time. At one point he was down to nursing only at nap and night time and he started calling it nap. Of course now he's back to nursing all the time and still calls it nap no matter what time it is . He also calls it nummy milk sometimes.
Your dd not wanting to poop in the potty sounds normal to me. My 3 boys each did this. One of them for 2 days and one of them for a couple of months. For ds #1 and 3 I dumped the poo in the potty from the diaper and they would flush it. Ds #2 would get upset by this so I didn't do it. He eventually got over it . I didn't treat it like a big deal. I would just say ok lets get you cleaned up. NOT a diclipline issue (plz I've been around a lot of weird parents lately I...