or Connect

Posts by Cheryl33

One of my best friends lives in the Montreal area and will be having her second baby in late spring. She had severe PPD after her first and I am trying to encourage her to encapsulate her placenta. Trying to find someone to do this for her. She will be delivering at Lakeshore General Hospital.   She is not very natural minded in general and may need some coaching to help her get her placenta from the hospital, etc. I would really appreciate any info you can pass on...
My family and I are moving to Ft Wayne (not exactly sure where yet) in the next month or two. My husband will be working in Warsaw. Hoping to connect with lots of cool moms asap! I have two daughters, 3 1/2 and 15 months. I have joined the Ft Wayne Holistic living page on FB. Is there is Holistic moms chapter as well? Is it very active?   We currently live in Massachusetts, just south of Boston. I really love it here and really want to set it up so we start making...
thanks for the replies!
we used Dr Levitin as well but ended up switching.My daughter and she were not a good match. Simple things such as looking in her ears were a huge struggle. I thought she was just difficult to examine but once we switched she became much easier.   pros: you rarely have to wait, she books one patient at a time. Lots of available parking on the street. Knows a lot about breastfeeding, supports the parent as part of the decision making regarding care. She usually will...
I don't know how they are with C-sections, but I had my first daughter at the hospital in Flemington. We roomed in and they were pretty good about everything we requested and declined. They did everything right in the room with us there per our request.I found the nursing staff to be so-so, depending on who it was. The head lactation consultant wasn't the best overall. After I had my daughter I found her instruction to be frustrating and rushed. She did help us after we...
My husband and I used to live in Central NJ, but relocated to MA 2 1/2 years ago. Looks like we have to head back to the area (husband's job) and we are debating perhaps having him commute farther and choose PA instead. Vaccine exemption laws are a big factor in what we finally decide.   I do know a little about NJ lawmakers trying to make the exemption rules more strict, but I don't know a whole lot. That makes me nervous. Here in MA we can claim exemption based on...
oh gosh, I will PM you.
Dr Levitin will not do home visits. We recently switched to Dr Lindeman in Framingham. He is not holistic but very open minded and is welcoming of parents that do their own research and participate in their child's care. I love him, and best of all, my now 3 year old does. She wouldn't let our previous Dr touch her at all. He is very playful and engaging. Love him.   He does believe in vaccines but will do as you wish.
My oldest, who is almost 3, slept with us until she was 2, then we started transitioning her to her own room slowly. She now sleeps all night in her own bed, and only recently started sleeping through the night too. I started night weaning her at about 1 1/4 I believe, but the waking didn't change. One tip I have is to get an essential oil diffuser and run lavender oil when you sleep. That might help.
haven't heard of one. I live in Raynham and bring my girls all the way to Natick to dr Lindeman. He is pretty open minded and FANTASTIC with kids. My very tough to examine almost 2 year old does great with him. That is saying a lot. Natick Pediatrics.