or Connect

Posts by ashleybess

I think about and mourn my son being circumcised often, but I am feeling especially horrible about it today and so decided to get on here and share my story.   We have sort of a unique regret story. When I was pregnant I assumed I would circumcise - like many, I thought it was just "what you do". My husband is cut and I didn't know anything about the damage it does - I believed it was just an extraneous part of the body.   I began to research and became very defensive...
Isabella and Samantha are both beautiful names in themselves, but the popularity would be a huge deterrent for me. Both my children have uncommon names - my daughter's name isn't even on the SSA radar at all and my son's is in the 200s. My name is Ashley and I absolutely HATED being among so many other Ashleys in school - I always longed for a name that was meaningful and unusual.
That is good to know, thank you! I still worry a bit about calf separation practices as I have heard many grass-fed / organic farms still do that. It just breaks my heart.
Thank you! This is all so helpful! We feel the same way - we need to go full throttle (as much as possible) with remineralizing because the alternative is dental work. We can't get Ds on our insurance for six months anyway so we might as well try our best!   I didn't know about the calcium fluoride! Definitely looking into that. I am a bit disappointed to hear that the butter oil is the important factor. I haven't read the book yet but I've heard it recommended in...
My son had his first dentist appointment last Friday and we were told he has several cavities and needs a couple thousand dollars worth of treatment (fillings & crowns). I was so upset I cried in the dentist's office. We didn't put him on our dental insurance plan yet because we didn't think he'd need it (!) plus I'm really questioning whether this extensive treatment would be the right route, anyway. I'm researching the remineralization diet and am going to start with a...
"Triandem nursing" - love it!!! I got my period back at 5 months pp with DS despite exclusive, ecological (and dang near constant) nursing. I've always wished I were one of those lucky gals who don't start cycling until their children have completely weaned. I try to embrace my 'moon time' but honestly I wouldn't mind having an (even more extended) break from it!   Speaking of, my period still hasn't shown... if it's still AWOL in a few weeks I might make that...
Well, I took the second pregnancy test - negative. Granted I had drank a lot of water... but I think I'm going to wait on the blood test for a few weeks at least and see if my period comes on its own. If by some incredible cosmic joke one little guy did sneak past my husband's vasectomy and forge its way on to conception then it would be hard to deny this babe was truly divinely sent and we couldn't really be upset about it... BUT even if that's true I'd prefer to live...
Uh oh. You're scaring me a little bit! My husband bought a two-pack of preg tests so I still have one left. I'm off to a yoga class but I'll take it later today and see what that says and report back!
Hi there! Apologies if this is a common thing and someone's posted about it before - I couldn't seem to find anything with a search.   My daughter is almost 16 months and my son is close to 3.5 years. I nurse them both and they both still nurse relatively frequently - a few times a day and a few times at night.  I started menstruating again just around the time my daughter turned a year old. I had three cycles of normal length (marked them on the calendar) but a week...
I should clarify: I am not saying I don't believe a woman who says she has "screaming pain" while breastfeeding. Having had the experience of having my own sense data invalidated by hospital staff during labor with my first child, I would never do that to another woman. But I still find it mystifying that someone would have pain of that caliber with no apparent cause. I sympathize with women who had that experience but I am confused by it. I wonder if there are...