or Connect

Posts by twins1117

Thanks!  Great idea!
Hi, I am very interested in homeschooling my twin daughters.  They are only three right now but I would really like to connect with some local homeschooling moms - especially ones with preschool aged children.  I guess I just would like an idea of what kinds of support groups or coops, homeschool classes are available in this area. Thanks!
Hi, I have three year old twins and am seriously considering homeschooling them but would love talk to other local homeschoolers.  Just wondering what kind of support groups/coops are in the area.  Have googled a few but many sites seem to not be updated recently and have emailed 2 people but haven't had a response.  Just want to be reassured that there are others out there :) especially any moms with preschoolers and groups to join.  Maybe I should cross post this in...
38 weeks and 6 days
13 minutes
Hi, I actually switched from CT Multispecialty to another practice because I could NOT be followed by a midwife and the midwife would definitely not be delivering them. This was in 2008 so maybe some things have changed. I also switched because they deliver at Hartford Hospital and it had a reputation for being more medically involved (monitoring/IV etc). I took Bradley classes and wanted a completely unmedicated delivery without continous fetal monitoring etc. They...
Thank you all for the responses! You definitely brought up some issues that I never thought of, it is great to hear from people who have actually been through it. It is sad to think the singleton might be left out, but I guess that happens sometimes anyway when you have older siblings playing together and leaving out the younger one - just maybe not to the extent that 3 little birds had happen with her children. I am glad to hear it is better now. I guess I have a lot...
Has anyone had a third child after their set of twins? How old were your twins? Was it as hard or harder having one baby and taking care of your toddler twins or did you find it "easier" ? My girls will be two in November and I never thought I'd ever be considering a third! How things can change! Thanks!
I used Kathy Pasakarnis, she was great. She is out of South Windsor and I am sure would be more than happy to travel to Enfield. She was very helpful and knowlegeable. She stayed at our house for four hours! Her email is: NuturingFamily@aol.com She can also give you paperwork if you want to bill your insurance company for her visit. I had BCBS at the time and they covered one visit I believe as long as it was within two mos after the birth. Let me know if you have...
I definitely think my consumption of protein was the most important, I tried to eat 120 grams a day - which I think is less than what Dr. Luke wrote. I was worried about the amount of weight I was gaining - and only ended up gaining 42# in total, below what Dr. Luke recommended because I was underweight to begin with BUT I had an uncomplicated pregnancy with an unmedicated vaginal delivery at 38 weeks 6 days and my girls were 6 lbs 12 oz and 7 lbs 4 oz. So I would just...