or Connect

Posts by lakeruby

I LOVED Birthing From Within, Real Food for Mother & Baby, and Susan Weed's Herbal for the Childbearing Year (I think that's what it's called...)
  Not sure if this helps, but we love sauerkraut on hot dogs (veggie dogs?).  I also use it as a condiment on top of soups.   Sounds like you have some great ingredients for curry soups (curried lentils maybe? or tofu?)   sriracha is delicious on beans.
Great idea!  Last night we made this awesome tomato soup with stuff we had on hand! http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/a-simple-tomato-soup-recipe.html
I love Rosemary Gladstar's recipes!  I got the from her books at the library.   I regularly drink nettle/oatstraw/RRL tea (did before and during pregnancy and now postpartum) -- NOT for the taste though :)  Well, the oatstraw & RRL are nice tasting, but nettle can be a bit of a drag...it's SO good for you though!  I make a strong infusion about once a day-- put 4 tablespoons of herbs in a glass mason jar, add very hot (near boiling) water, cover and steep until cool...
Love this idea!  I am coming up with a budget this year for the firs time EVER (got Dave Ramsay's Total Money Makeover for Christmas!) and once I have a budget written I will set a goal for local spending.  We buy most of our meat, eggs, raw milk and veggies locally already, but I rely a little too much on Amazon.com and Vitacost.  It's hard to find that balance between spending less money and keeping your money in the local economy!
  Yeah, that! I have been back at work for almost a month now (and my girl is 3 months old) and it has not been as sad as I anticipated.  My main feeling is of guilt-- not so much sadness, although I do have moments of longing.  The good thing is that after being out for 2 months I have so much work backlogged that I'm SUPER busy and the days fly by.  I also go home at lunch some days and nurse her, which is great.  I have a friend that just went back to work and brings...
a. Who you are:  Sarah, WOHM to DD (10 weeks).  I just started back to work after 2 months maternity leave.  My DH works in the evenings running a restaurant and I work during the day.  So far, with help from family, we are able to avoid daycare! b. Where you are going (your financial goals):  Now that we have a child, we are committed to sticking to a budget and actually saving money.  We currently have no debt outside of our mortgage, but we also do not save any...
monkeyscience-- things are feeling much  better for me!  my girl is almost 6 weeks and i definitely feel like i know her now!  we just needed some extra time i guess.
Boots-- i hope your principal is understanding!     i am actually looking forward to going back to work, in some ways, but i really wish i had the option to work part time!  
  my commute is about 5-10 mins.  i dont have a super-strict schedule, so i'm not worried about taking a bit longer at lunch if i need it, especially at first.  my boss is understanding.  as for pumping, i havn't really thought about it yet.  i have no idea how long it will take during the day...guess i should look into that!  my co-worker said she just closed her office door and kept working while pumping if she needed to, so that is probably what i will do.  i hadn't...