or Connect

Posts by lakeruby

I've heard that breast milk has a natural probiotic in it...called Reuteri I think. I don't know much about this, but I think it's found in breast milk, and you can buy it as a probiotic in the refrigerated section of healthfood stores.
I have this too! It seems to come in clusters-- like, I'll get it all the time (mainly at night, for me) for a few months and then not have it at all for a while. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it. It doesn't seem to be related to exercise, for me. I would try the Natural Calm magnesium supplement. I tried this for a while and I think it helped, but I don't get RLS regularly enough to get in the habit of taking this supplement daily. Usually, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by lelesmama I recently started watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. He is trying to change the public school food system in Huntington, WV (the unhealthiest city in the US according to statistics). He revealed to the parents that chocolate milk has more sugar per serving than soda! I couldn't believe it when I heard it but I guess there are nutritional labels you could show to the parents? That stuff matters to me but I...
Cool! I am going to check this place out. I HATE my current, old, scratched glasses, but I've been considering saving up for Lasik, so I didn't want to invets in a new pair of glasses. I can totally swing this, though! Does anyone know how long it takes to get them once you place your order?
I just started taking B-6 because I have a short luteal phase, and I read in a few threads here that it is recommended for helping to lengthen luteal phase. I think this is related to progesterone, so you might look into it as well! I hope to concieve soon, and so have been drinking lots of herbal infusions-- nettle and oatstraw mostly-- trying to increase my nutrient stores. I have a friend that went to a chinese medicine practitioner and she was tested for heavy...
I've never tried this, but the way I soak oats to make oatmeal is by adding a couple of tablespoons of yogurt or buttermilk to 1 cup of dry oats, and adding some warm water (up to 1 cup) and letting it sit overnight. They usually soak up the liquid overnight. I would try it like that, and if there is some liquid left, just drain it off.
I like coconut oil for high heat uses, and I also sometimes use Grapeseed oil, which has a high heat point too.
Awesome thread! I am taking notes. I hope to conceive soon, and have been drinking herbal infusions for a while (oatstraw is my favorite, because it's so mild and almost sweet tasting. I'm trying to do more nettle, though). I have been using coconut oil for a few months in cooking, and we have been on raw milk & butter for about a year. I have very recently starting eating meat after being a vegetarian for 15 years, and I'm taking it pretty slow, but do hope to work...
My job is OPS, so I have private insurance (with Humana). I've only had it about 6 months, and haven't used it for anything yet, so I can't say if they are a good/helpful company or not-- but I am under the impression that, while I don't have maternity coverage, and will be paying out of pocket for a midwife, etc, they will cover me if I have an emergency. I do want to check on that to make sure before I concieve, but that was the reason I bought insurance in the first...