or Connect

Posts by lakeruby

congrats youngspiritmom-- glad Baby is settling in nicely, and glad you made it to the hospital in time, wow!  How exciting!
Boots-- get some rest!  Too bad about the false alarm, hope you are able to relax today.   Lily-- I know how you feel (even though I'm not due until the end of the month)-- I feel like I have this enormous to-do list and when I get home from work I just want to lie down.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this week.   VV-- I am so impressed by your flip-flops hiking experience!  Wow.  8 miles!!!!   LeAnn-- ugh, sorry about the lead paint! I don't have...
Nothing much to report here, although I'm afraid I am going to have to give up my morning walk until this babe arrives.  After a long, hard, HOT walk yesterday morning I felt awful and light-headed all day, with a headache.  My midwife thinks I should switch to swimming to avoid the heat (I'm in Florida and it's not only hot but extremely humid).  I don't mind swimming, but for some reason it is hard for me to admit that walking is too hard for me at this point...
Has anyone else experienced a light-headed feeling during braxton-hicks?  Lately I get this sort of sinking feeling whenever I have one.  It goes away as soon as the contraction stops.  I'm wondering if that's a cause for concern but haven't found anything written about it on this forum (and am trying to stay away from Google during these last few weeks of pregnancy!).   Thanks!
ithappened-- they are sooooo cute!!!!
  I have gathered the supplies that I already had (towels, garbage bags, bendable straws, etc) but I'm kind of superstitious (or at least weary) and so I'm waiting until 37 weeks before I purchase anything else I need for the birth (thermometer, chux pads, ky jelly, etc).  We are planning to set up the bed and birth tub in the baby's room, so that is something that I need to keep focusing on, so it's all ready at 37 weeks.  I can't believe it's almost August!!!!
sarahdb-- yay for doing and feeling well!  I have my eye on my cleared-for-homebirth date too :)  I am wishing that I planned maternity leave to start sooner than baby's arrival, because I sure could use some time to focus on what's ahead.  I have been reading my Birthing From Within and Ina May each night, but only for a few minutes before I fall asleep!   JustChanti-- thinking of you today!   Boots-- how exciting that you're full term, looking at maternity...
LilyTiger-- here's hoping for good news in the morning!!!
Ugh! Yes, the heat is not my friend right now! Yesterday my feet looked like marshmallows with sausages on the ends :)  I went swimming before work this morning and it was sooooo wonderful-- the sun wasn't over the trees yet and the water was still nice and cool.  Ahhhhh.  I'm hoping to make that a regular thing until this baby shows up!   DH is FINALLY painting the baby's room, yay!  I had a baby shower over the weekend and it was so very nice.  I felt very loved...
It sounds like you have a great option with Kaiser WC!  And, so glad to hear that your midwife will be there for you too.  Don't give in to that nagging "failure" feeling!! (I know it and fight it too).  You are already a wonderful mama to your baby boy.  Hopefully you can check this new place out soon and get everything in order so there aren't any more unknowns and you can just focus on relaxing and feeling your best.     P.S. I met my new family doc yesterday and...