or Connect

Posts by lakeruby

Let us know how your midwife appointment goes! Pre-e is something I have feared for this whole pregnancy, and I'm still really nervous.  My blood pressure went up to 125/84 this weekend (I've been checking it myself, a bit obsessively, since saturday when I had a bad headache and had braxton-hicks ALL DAY LONG).  In the end, I think it was related to letting myself get dehydrated (it's HOT here in FL right now and I've been pretty active), but I'm still nervous....
I, too, have the swelling of the hands :)  I wake up with swollen, stiff fingers, and they remain swollen during my morning walk-- but I don't notice much swelling during the rest of the day.   I spent my lunch hour at the pool yesterday and it was HEAVENLY!
Boots-- Is the spotting normal? I'm not sure what to expect.  When you say these are painful-- are you talking about the cervical checks or the dilation?
Yay, Ithappened!  I can't wait to see your babies.  Will be sending you great healing and calming thoughts tonight, and best wishes for a quick hospital stay.   I will be 34 weeks tomorrow and will be meeting with my midwife again.  I'm nervous for the weigh-in and blood pressure checks, urine checks, etc.  I keep expecting something to go wrong!    I wish nesting would hurry up and kick in...I have so much to do still (cleaning, gathering supplies, reading,...
I'm having a mother blessing (this is my first baby) later this month.  One of my friends is organizing it, and it will be at her house.  She's asking everyone to bring a bead and a wish for my baby, and we are going to make a birthing necklace out of the beads. I think they are also going to do henna painting on my belly, and maybe wash my feet and do my hair.  The host is handing out candles for everyone so that they can light them when they hear that I'm in labor....
LizBiz-- totally!!  It's a good story.  Of course it was a crazy ride at the time, but looking back it just seems perfect.       What has been the biggest challenge of this pregnancy?  Biggest surprise?   I think the biggest challenge has been the weight gain.  I *thought* I was prepared for it, but it has still been really hard to see the scale inching upwards each week.  I have tried to stay active and eat healthy, but I am still gaining more than "average"...
What is your favorite movie of all time? Not much of a movie person, but I do have copies of Love Actually and Dirty Dancing that I watch maybe once a year.  Also, if I'm in a bad mood, Ace Ventura Pet Detective never fails to make me laugh!   What is your favorite food for a snack?  For breakfast?  Dinner? I LOVE salty popcorn and dark chocolate for a "snack" (is that more of a dessert? oops).  For breakfast, I love something hot-- a steamy bowl of oatmeal with...
What are you most excited about in becoming a parent?   Hmmm, all I can think of to answer this is that I'm most excited about the fun parts! :)  After watching my adorable 5 year old nephew grow up, I just can't wait to hear the funny things this kid says and does, and watch as he/she discovers the world.    What are you most nervous about in becoming a parent?   The sleep :)  I'm really not that excited about the newborn/infant stage.  Babies actually...
Me and my pup out for a walk this past weekend, just before TS Debby came to town!  Almost 31 weeks.
love the picture erica!