or Connect

Posts by lakeruby

Thanks for sharing the article!   In theory, I love the idea.  But in reality, I just keep imagining myself lying there with Restless Leg Syndrome :)   It has been plaguing me regularly this pregnancy and is worst when I try to sleep or lay down during the day.  I can't imagine laying around for a week or two, although I do agree that it seems like it would speed healing and increasing bonding.  We'll just have to see how it goes!
My baby has been so low this entire time that I just don't seem to be getting to that "fill up quickly" stage I keep hearing about....but maybe it's still coming? I am 31 weeks tomorrow.   Today I've had: 2 pieces high protein toast w/ butter and brewer's yeast scrambled eggs, 1 piece bacon, roasted potatoes w/ ketchup egg and cheese biscuit cup of tea w/ honey not enough water! veggie soup pnut butter & jelly sandwich yogurt w/ blueberries and chia...
Happy Monday everyone!    At my last midwife appt, my blood pressure had risen a bit, and I'm nervous to see how it looks at this week's appt (on Friday).  I'm looking ahead to a super busy work week, and my dog is having surgery tomorrow, so I'm a bit overwhelmed today.     I'm also fretting about my baby shower in July-- who to invite, what to register for, etc.  I hate being the center of attention, especially when opening gifts, so I'm thinking of just...
I love this weather!  I live in the FL panhandle, and it's been steady raining for 2 days now.  It does sort of hinder productivity, though-- at least for me.  I just like to stare out the window at the rain :)
I gained another 2 or 3 lbs this week alone!  I am seriously not eating very differently than I eat in my normal life, so the weight gain continues to baffle me.  I am up 35 lbs and almost 31 weeks.  
Backstory! Tell us about you, where you came from, how you got to where you are now. I live in Florida, in the town I grew up in, with my DH and our dog, cat and chickens.  I moved away for college near Asheville NC, but ended up coming back (much to my surprise, I missed this place!  And now I can't imagine living far away from my family). I got my degree in Environmental Science, then came back to FL for grad school, where I got a MS also in Env. Science.  I totally...
I know!!  Ugh.  I'm really trying to find my inner zen about all of it.  I know that money comes and goes, but lately it just seems to be going :)   I try to remember that I have felt stressed about money before, and one way or another it will all work out.  It will!   Also, at my midwife appt today my blood pressure was up a bit, and I had trace amounts of protein in my urine.  REALLY hoping that I can get the BP to stay low.  Managing stress is going to be key for that...
Penny-- this is our financial relationship too!!  It is super stressful for me, and to top it all off I have been supporting us for the past year while DH opened his own cafe (his dream).  We've been able to make it, but don't have much savings and I am starting to get a bit panicked at that thought.  I did use a big chunk of what savings we do have to pay off my student loan, because that was making me crazy and was one of the things I wanted to have done before we had a...
Lily- Hooray for your brother coming home!!   Penny-- ugh, what is up with folks today?  I try to take those comments with a grain of salt.  I swear, some people tell me I "must be having a girl because you're so small" and others ask if I'm about to go into labor.  Nobody has a clue :)   Poppy-- your midwife sounds awesome!!  And, ha, yes, isn't bathing getting interesting??  I took an actual bath the other day and could not get up out of the tub! I felt like a...
poppylove-- any particular zucchini bread recipe you love?  we have a HUGE bag of it that is really intimidating me right now :)