or Connect

Posts by Katsmamajama

Okay, mamas, any ideas what I can do?   My soon-to-be 1 year old is gnawing on our furniture!  I have gouge marks in our coffe table, and now on her crib!  I've tried distracting her with her toys, wet washcloths (she used to like those), even her board boaks....no luck, She goes back to grinding away on the wood.  I wouldn't mind so much, except for I don't know what they're made of, or coated with!    She's part beaver, I swear! :(    Any good ideas to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineWife Congrats to your DH. A road trip in Hawaii? You can't be going too far. Nope, from Ohio to Ft. Hood, TX. According to Mapquest, it's 20 hours roughly of driving time alone. Lordy have mercy!! :P
Wow, long time no chat! I'm such a slacker some days! :P Grace has been going through so many changes, so quickly! She's mastered the crawling thing, and has been cruising furniture and attempting to stand without holding onto things-- that's not very successful, though, it usually ends up with her almost somersaulting across the floor. However, it doesn't stop her from trying, persistent little bugger! :P We're still in the process of moving. In May we...
Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the airmen. We have good news-- DH took his final test, and got the hghest grade in his class!! Their graduation ceremony is this morning, and he'll be home this weekend! Of course, since he's coming home, that means we start our road trip in a little over a week.....could he just stay there in VA, please??? :P
Quote: Originally Posted by swell_mel so dh took the asvab earlier this week and did really well. the recruiter said he could pretty much pick whatever he wanted to do. he doesn't want to do infantry but he is interested in 13b and 13p which are still combat just not right on the front lines. part of joining the army for him is the soldier experience but at the same time he doesn't want a job that i'm going to be worrying about him the whole time....
My 10 year old DD has her own facebook. I don't see the problem with it, since I'm the "keeper of the keys" anyway. There are ground rules for her, though: -- No picture of her as her profile. She has some random cartoon-ish photo instead. -- I approve/disapprove all friends. And no one can see anything on her FB page without being a friend. So far, her meager friends list consists of other military children that she's befriended, and our family members. ...
I just finished up a 10-hour road trip from Ohio with the DD's to go see my DH in Virginia. Having DD1 (she's 10) sit beside DD2 (7 months) was a huge help-- it gave her someone to babble at, and DD1 is content to make faces at her sister. Although, truthfully, DD2 slept a majority of the trip. Plus side, she didn't scream the whole way-- but when we made it to DH's hotel room just before midnight, she was wide awake and ready to party, when all we wanted to do is pass...
We've passed the halfway point with DH's course! I think he's really going to be able to do well as Mortuary Affairs, in the last 6 weeks he's gone to the morgue twice, and with no issues! :P He goes to Dover next week, and that's the last major hurdle before graduation. Now that he's not nervous about the morgue, he's nervous about Dover-- he always has to have a hurdle! He's always been the glass half empty to my glass half full, so I'm not terribly surprised. ...
I love these!! A nifty quote from my daughter (around 4-ish at the time): "Mommy, I can see in the dark, that means I'm nocturnal. They said on Aminal Planet that cats see in the dark because they're nocturnal, and since I'm a Kat, that means I am, too." (The "Aminal" is on purpose, too-- and her first name is actually Katarina, but she gets tired of correcting and insists she is "Just Kat") Before we found out we were pregnant with DD2, DD1 begged and pleaded...
DH and I would have loved to get Ft. Lewis-- he has family in Yakima Valley somewhere, and my cousin just moved outside Seattle. Oh well, we'll be the meet-up point for said cousin and his family, down by the Keys. :P Ewww, he wore your slippers?!?! I would have flipped, my footwear is precious to me-- even Kat knows what shoes she can/not wear when playing dress-up! :P I'm going to be surprised when we get our HHG delivery, I think. DH sent us (the DD's and me) to...