or Connect

Posts by hbog

My first five weeks of breastfeeding were excruciating as well. Everything looked fine, the latch was perfect and my baby was thriving. The public health nurse thought that I had yeast based on the pain I described and suggested I ask my doctor to treat for it. The doctor didn't think that was it (no physical signs) but let me try anyway. Things started to improve shortly after. I also stopped wearing my nursing bras that were a little too small. It may have been...
Happy February!   Hope you all are staying warm and safe. It is beautiful here, finally above freezing, and a nice change from two days ago when it was below -40 with the windchill. I had to get my car boosted three times and then bought a new battery.   RR - Going great! My knees are feeling all better and I am running more and faster. I did about 5.5 miles of walk/run today.   Goals for Feb. - 1) Finish the hundred pushups/two hundred situps programs and...
Hi Everybody,   I'm still here, and still running. I'll try to contribute to the discussion more. I'm like this in real life too - I listen way more than I talk, especially in new situations. This doesn't work very well for trying to fit into an online community. But you people are awesome and inspiring and I want to run with you!   I'm running only on the treadmill now because it's been brutally cold and also there is nowhere to run that isn't treacherously...
  I haven't posted since my introduction, but I have been reading and running. I ran four times last week on the treadmill, including a few minutes at a time at a super amazingly fast 10:00 min/mile pace. I am very slow so this is actually really good for me. I am restarting running with more of a focus on speed this time because I would like to run with others sometimes but I am way too slow. So I have a question for anyone who wants to answer. How fast were you when...
Hi Megan, I couldn't read and not post because this is so much like what my siblings and I went through after we lost our dad suddenly almost nine years ago. My mom started a relationship within a few months and we were all so hurt and angry. We didn't like or trust the man and it was really really hard. Eventually, though, I made a conscious decision to remember how much I love my mom and to let my actions be guided by that. I had a partner at the time who I got...
Hi Everybody! I totally want to join this group of amazing women. I hope I can keep up.   I'm Carla, I live in the Canadian Prairies  with my partner, her two teenage daughters, and our nine month old son. I'm on mat leave now until the end of March. I ran one 10k in 1999 and then two more in 2009 with no running in between. Anyway, I loved how it felt to run and it made me feel so much healthier. I also think that it helped me to prepare my body to TTC and I'd like...
Congrats Papa! I teared up a bit when I saw your new sig. You've shared so much wisdom with others on this board and it is so, so right that you are now holding your own babe. Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Carmen. And any other Canadians out there. Also anyone who is not Canadian but thinks their year warrants an extra one. I'll be extra thankful this year, that's for sure.
It's so nice to hear everybody's updates. Lots of happy, well-loved babies out there. We just celebrated 6 months and are starting to experiment with solid food. D is 18 lb and 28". He still eats every two hours, maybe going three hours at night. I love being a mom! I never thought I'd know what to do with a baby, and it's been such a wonderful surprise how natural it all feels. I usually check for activity on this thread, so I don't know how I missed that great...
Maybe reading this article will help you feel less alone: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ond-born.html# hth
Great idea to bump this up. I have way more time for this than I did when I was pregnant and did nothing but go to work and sleep. My boy is 14 weeks and about 13-14 pounds and he is wonderful! The rest of us are all teachers or students so we're off for the summer. I'm off until next April on mat leave. I'd love to hear how people are doing with their babes.