or Connect

Posts by barefootmama0709

Quote: Originally Posted by Stephenie Oh my goodness I think we have the same MIL. My MIL will get out some stickers and a notebook and make my ds put one sticker per page. "No no, we can't put two stickers on the same page..." Or the last time we were there she wanted him to "finish" a page in the coloring book. "I won't put it on the fridge unless you finish it." As if he cared. He just flipped to the next page, scribbled a bit and the same fight...
Quote: Originally Posted by KristyDi I was at a playground w/ a good friend recently our dd's, both 21 months were hanging out and playing. We were chatting and her 6 month old dd was in her car seat watching everything. The woman sitting next to us said many many dumb things in the 15 min we were there before she left. This was my favorite. Several of the older kids, including this woman's daughter and an older toddler boy (maybe 3 or 4 years...
I totally agree with zinemama. It sounds like it's just a relationship formed out of geographical accessibility; they aren't really "friends".
I think you handled this in a perfectly acceptable manner. The fact that your daughter attended a party at E's house last winter (so almost 6 months ago???) shouldn't have much bearing now; kids relationships are so tempestuous at this age that they can change drastically in that span of time. Maybe your daughter and E were going through a "good" phase at that time. If she doesn't currently feel comfortable around E, then she shouldn't be forced to spend time with her. I...
ODS went to the dentist for the first time at 16 months. He will be going again soon. He got teeth quite early, and had 16 teeth by the age of 1. I personally prefer taking my children to places like the dentist when they're quite young so that they can get accustomed to it.
Canaan LOVES to sing. His two favorite songs are George Strait's "Cowboys Like Us" and Jason Aldean's "Big Green Tractor". He knows all of the words to both. He also sings "Old MacDonald", "The Wheels on The Bus" the theme from "Roary the Racing Car" and "The Surrey With the Fringe on Top" from Oklahoma! He likes to change the words to make the song about his pony or his brother, which he does frequently.
1. How do you handle tantrums? I do as much redirection as humanly possible ,but if Canaan gets out of control I tell him "You may scream if you want, but you need to go in your room and shut the door. When you are ready to be calm, you may come out. I am prone to migraines and his screaming can trigger them, so this is a must in our house. 2. Do gifted children have potty-training regression issues or are all children like this? All kids can have potty-learning...
Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy It's rare for a child to outgrow that seat at that size -- are his shoulders close to the top strap slots? Yes, they are quite close; in fact they are level. He may be taller then the height I previously stated-he is VERY averse to letting me measure him for some reason!
My kids both like wooden blocks, their easel, and all the Bruder toys. (The Bruders are plastic, but very well-made and good for a lot of different ages). I have a 1 and a 2 1/2 y/o and they use most of the same toys.
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 I had no idea that they had to be rear facing still. Ds is 10 months and FF. Please don't judge me. I just moved ds from his baby seat to his britax roundabout. Now I got to figure how to turn the thing around. I thought that when their feet were all scrunched up, it was time to face forward. ^^Definitely not judging you! Glad you found out though-in my state if you have a kid improperly...