or Connect

Posts by Shonahsmom

I'm with you, lifeguard. I'm 38.5 weeks and I just want my baby HERE! I am so prepared.. time is just dragging now.  
Just quoting myself to update. My numbers continued to be unusually high for me (although still in range) with those particular strips. Got new strips today and so far? My readings are down in the 80s and 90s. I really think something was wacked with those strips.
Woooooo! Got the mopping and vacuuming done in the kitchen and living room. It took me much longer than planned because I am being obsessive right now and I moved every single piece of furniture and just did a really, really thorough job. And now, I am done. I am going to go take a shower and get in my bed and knit and watch bad TV on the laptop.
Thanks!   I got another burst of energy after we got the kids in bed and DH went to go visit a friend.   I gave the kitchen a once over; it was in pretty good shape so that only took about ten minutes, cleaned the small bathroom, took out the garbage, started a load of laundry and dusted the living room. Phew! Now I am officially beat!   I'm excited I got these extra things done tonight because DH is taking the kids out for most of the day tomorrow and now...
This is good info. I don't think I should have a problem staying in that range.  
So, my fellow repeat diet-controlled GD moms: What did your blood sugar do in labor? How much did you monitor during labor? Last time I my GD was milder than it is this time and my MW was comfortable with me discontinuing monitoring later in my pregnancy and I did not monitor at all during my homebirth. My baby did not have any blood sugar issues and we dealt with mild jaundice for a few days. I am having another homebirth. I read recently that a big predictor for how...
More anecdotes:   With my daughter, I went from zero dilation to baby in arms in 8 hours.   Hey Pi! I lost some plug today too! Not sure if it was all of it or what.. it was in the toilet after I peed. I've been crampy all day.. we shall see....
Yesterday I:   • Dusted, vacuumed and mopped DH's and my bedroom   • Thoroughly cleaned the master bath   • Dusted the dining room   • Washed and put away laundry     Today I got a BIG task crossed off the to-do list.   The baby will be co-sleeping with us, but he/she will ultimately be sharing a bedroom with our two year old. I had to do a MAJOR re-arrange/re-organize to make it work.   Here's what I did:   • Made a Target run and a...
Okay, is it possible for a batch of strips to run high? I got new strips late last week. They tested at the high end with the control solution, but within range. All of my numbers ever since I started using this batch are 15 to 20 points higher than I would expect. Like, a meal that I very, very reliably would get a 100, I'm getting 120.   I'm 37 weeks, 4 days. My numbers have been coming down since around 35 weeks. I'm having a hard time accepting that my numbers...
Welcome, sweet Corbin and congratulations to you, mama. Wishing you well. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk