or Connect

Posts by Shonahsmom

Hmmm... I don't know about this. I am personally taking a lot of vitamin C in hopes that it will help me avoid PROM, which I had with both of my previous pregnancies. Studies have shown it to be effective:   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15817864?dopt=Abstract    
NicaG, yay for no shots!   So, my fasting this morning was 84! I have never had a fasting that low! I've been keeping it steady between 90-94 and feeling really good about it. Last night I had my MW appointment, plus DS and I took a long nap in the afternoon so my eating schedule was thrown. I basically wound up having lunch around 4:00p, a snack a couple minutes before 6 as I ran out the door to my appointment and then my dinner at 8:00 and my bedtime snack at 10:00...
Here's my 28+2 days and 29+5 days belly shots. I feel like I got a lot bigger in those 9 days:    
Is that a Vat Tibet? I am desperately in search of a long one for this new baby. Love it!
General guidelines are under 140 at one hour and under 120 at two hours. Some providers are stricter, some are a bit more lax. Sent from my Droid
Grrr.... I ate what seemed like a reasonable lunch and my two hour was 111. I totaled up the carbs and it about 35 g of carbs and there was a good amount of protein and fat; it was one small slice of whole wheat bread, turkey and cheese,  maybe a 1/3 cup of full fat cottage cheese and 1/2 a pear. Usually after a meal like that my numbers are in the low 90s. I don't know what to think. My numbers have been great, even up through my fasting this morning and post breakfast...
I am a bit nervous about this coming week. We are having a big heat wave that is supposed to last through at least Friday. I know one of the things that is keeping my numbers so good is the walk to and from the bus dd takes to camp (about a mile each way) but I jut feel like its downright dangerous for me to do it in this kind of heat. So I set up rides for her for the whole week. I'm really horrible about exercising indoors and am worried that I'll get no exercise this...
oops, double post
I am another with GD/borderline GD. I can't speak for others, but for me, the low carb/high protein/high fiber/good fats diet is infinitely healthier for me. I am really, really hoping I have the discipline to stick with it after I have this baby. I did this same diet with my son two years ago and I went straight back to a fairly unhealthy carb addicted diet very shortly after he was born.   Everything improves for me on this type of diet: heartburn disappears completely,...
Damnit, I want a doughnut. And some cake. And cookies.