or Connect

Posts by Shonahsmom

We listen to new music (DP and I buy new music regularly), read aloud to each other, talk, do crosswords, and go for walks. Sometimes we just all hang out in the same room, close together but doing our own things like reading, art, knitting, etc... We don't watch television but we do watch A LOT of rented and owned nature documentaries. We always learn something new and it sparks great conversations later on.
I can really, really empathize. As a single WOHM I've done this dance soooo many times: finding decent daycare when dd was a baby, finding new daycare when she aged out of that program at age two, finding suitable before and after care when she started K and again when she started 1st grade as the K arrangement was no longer available and repeat for second grade (current), as well as trying to find affordable, decent summer programs with long enough hours. I've had so many...
Quote: Originally Posted by kama'aina mama When you post outside of the fertility forums you might want to spell out things like BFN and BFP. I think I get it from context, but.... I dunno what to tell you. I'm pretty blunt. Anyone I know well enough to have a pregnancy scare with I know well enough to tell we are having a pregnancy scare. I wouldn't call him at work, but I wouldn't make a big issue of "I HAVE to tell him face to face." Stick...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkiMama36 I was your daughter. You are/were my mother. I put her on a pedestal to this day for all she did for me back then! I knew it then and I definitely know and respect it now! Your days now are a carbon-copy of what she did for me back then! I never forgot it and I never will. Know that your daughter is going to grow up with a solid head on her shoulders who absolutely knows how blessed she is who has a mom...
Any fever?
DD has to wear white shirts to school. Being a seven year old, she comes home with a stained shirt everyday: food, markers, paint, dirt, etc... Can anyone recommend a natural method of stain removal. Is there something I can do as soon as we get home to treat the stain before throwing it in the hamper? Is there something I can do to remove the really set in stains that I've missed on shirts that have now been washed and dried? TIA!
Quote: Originally Posted by hklinefelter22 Oh, she wasn't waiting at the meat counter - just standing by it! Her dh was pushing the cart around and doing the shopping. She was just standing there looking sad & angry. Even my husband noticed how disgusted she looked - he mentioned it to me as I was thinking it. Maybe her marriage is falling apart? Maybe she has PPD. Maybe she is having a lot of breastfeeding problems and hates that she is...
Thanks loves! Oh, and before I get a bunch of posts about SAHM that have really awful circumstances... I know! I really do know that hardships and or quality of life are not determined by whether or not you are single, married, WOH or SAH... it's just the two examples I brought up were real and by people I know intimately and I've hard a REALLY rough week.. let's just say they were waaaayyy barking up the wrong sympathy tree.
Here's how my average weekday day goes: 6:45am: Wake up, take daughter's lunch, prepared the night before, out of fridge, and bottle of frozen water out of freezer, put into lunchbox and put that in to school bag, put school bag by door, toss current book from bedside and charged cell phone in to your bag, wake daughter, place clothes picked out the night before in bed with daughter, continue to gently nudge her awake 7:00: Make dd breakfast, pour cup of coffee (but...
Hi Corasmom! I worry about this too in my own way, as our situations differ some. Blessedly, I do not have any chronic health issues and DP's parents are not in to appearances and totally embrace and adore dd (although that was something I worried about before I met them). Another difference, is that DD's biological father was estranged and is now deceased, so DP is the only father figure she's known. Right now, everything feels so perfect for us. DD is getting...