or Connect

Posts by Shonahsmom

I've been a big fan of the word gregarious for a long time. One of my favorite words? Hubris.
Quote: Originally Posted by lotusdebi Ask all the other neighbors how they did it. Ya know, none fo them are clear on what they did to get on her sh*t list, nor how I've managed to stay off it for such a long stretch.
Quote: Originally Posted by rzberrymom Not much advice from me. But, I just had to say that you have the best signature on MDC!! Awwww! Really? Thank you mama!
Quote: Originally Posted by Electra375 And I thought I was the long winded poster on MDC!!! I'm sorry mama. This is tough. Those who don't take hints are terrible to deal with. I know this for fact! You will have to be straight up and just say -- "Your presence is not welcome anymore. Do not call. Do not invite us over. Do not step in my yard." If she ask why KISS (Keep it Simple S....). I know, this was crazy long winded. I think...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache So, here's a thought. Go outside with your cell phone to your ear. Wait for her to accost you. Put her off a few times and and then, say to her, "We don't want anything to do with your family ever again!" Then, before she can freak out on you, go back to your phone and say, "I'm sorry, officer, you were saying something about a restraining order. . .?"
Quote: Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache Wow, just reading that stressed me out! I'm sorry you are actually having to live it. You may just have to be blunt. Does it help that she's been so obnoxious up until now? I find it easier to tell off those ones The thing about being blunt is that she can be really, really reactive and hostile. I guess I'm just being a scaredy cat. But yeah, the obnoxious thing does help cos eventually I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by mthomas well. It looks like your only choice is to actually steal one of her damn forks. no? not the golden advice you were hoping for? lol. That sounds likr a MESS. I've had a similar situation with a neighbor girl. DD always wanted to play with her but was misreble the whole time. They moved and it solved our problem. So I don't have any real answers, just a sympathetic hug. It was actually a steak...
I've lived two doors away from this family for five + years. They are a mom, dad and daughter a year younger than mine. Upon meeting this family (theirr dd was about 18 months than) they seemed like the nicest people you could know: outgoing, generous, friendly, helpful. And they seemed (seemed being the operative word) kinda crunchy (mom was still nursing, co-sleeping, etc.). We struck up a neighborly friendship. The mom sometimes rubbed me the wrong way b/c she could...
X-posting this from PAPs because I know a lot of the formerly single mamas from this forum still post here: I've been a single (and sole) parent to my dd for 7+ years. I have a wonderful partner now. He is truly a partner in every sense of the word and the absolute equivalent of everything I've wanted in a partner and more. He is kind, thoughtful, crunchy, gentle, respectful, generous, attentive, stable, healthy, positive, intelligent... I could go on and on. Now...
Quote: Originally Posted by catlvr976 Thanks everyone for your replies. And thanks for the link captain optimism, I'll have to check that out. I was wondering if there was a support group in my area. It's hard to read books and things about suicide b/c they all seem geared to people that have had normal relationships--I haven't really found one that dealt with suicide after an abusive relationship and the feelings that it entails. I do wish...