or Connect

Posts by loewymartin

Thanks for your rundown of your past few days christyc! What you described sounds a lot like our current school, so I had a sigh of relief when I read your post I'm still not sure where we will land on where we buy a house, but at least I know more about the options. We head down in a few weeks to do our first look at the areas/neighborhoods and then we'll get a real feel for what our gut says. And everyone feel free to add more as you think of things! I'm open to...
Thanks folks! The problem we're having is that the Chapel Hill housing prices have not come down with the economic recession that the rest of the US seems to be hit with! Whereas with Chatham County the builders are selling houses at a loss because the area has been so hard hit by the economy. It's hard to look at a house in Chatham at $X and see a very similar (acre, square footage, amenities, etc) house in CH/C School District and the price jumps up by $200k! ...
Thanks for your response! I was looking at Woods Charter School, but having so few slots available for students I didn't want to move blindly into Chatham County thinking I could get my girls into there. We finally found some SAT scores to compare various districts to where we are now (NC scores were easy to obtain, it was our local school that was the challenge!) A friend from the area mentioned that we should look into the other side of Jordan Lake in Wake County, so...
So, we're looking into moving from upstate NY (outside of Albany) to the Chapel Hill/Carrboro area. There are a lot of wonderful houses for sale at great prices because the market is so depressed. However, even though some of those great houses say they are in CH, the school district is Chatham. Our agent said we need to really look into whether we want our girls (they will be 5 and 8 when we move) in the Chatham school district. I have been doing some poking online to...
Very cool - thank you for the list!
My folks are building their retirement home on Cross Lake, near Baldwinsville, NY. My husband is helping my dad with the wiring this Saturday and I will have the girls (ages 3 and 6) while the guys spend the day wiring. Is there a playzone, park, activity anyone knows of that I can take the girls to during the day instead of entertaining them in the hotel? TIA for any suggestions!!:
An amazing person has been taken way to early - I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you, Matt and the boys
I haven't CD'd a newborn either - that said here is my routine: -pocket diapers with a microfiber insert and a piece of fleece on top of the diaper to "catch poop" -baby poops, I take the fleece, dump what I can into the toilet -if the fleece is reasonably clean it gets dumped into the diaper pail along with the insert and diaper -I wash every 3rd day and everything gets tossed into together -cold prewash and a sanitary hot wash with a bit of detergent and vinegar in the...
I've done some searching here and found that many folks like Bio-kleen and some like vinegar and baking soda and others have lists of different things for different areas. Here's my deal - we currently use horrible chemical-ridden cleaners for countertops, toilets, sinks, showers, tubs, etc. I want to switch over to more natural products, but I also want something that cleans well. We have iron in our water so the toilets have a faint red rust ring. We have hard water...
I just bought 2 more. After saying that I really don't need as many as I currently have : I do have a few I don't reach for very often, so I think I will sell those off to defray the cost of the new ones. I also bought a few doublers, but I don't count those towards my CD costs!