or Connect

Posts by kateaton

I was actually going to say this too- there is a third option in this situation.  I know that none of your options are easy in any way.  I keep thinking about how I would feel if I got the diagnosis of downs or anything else for this little one.  I'm not having the mat21 test, but will be having a 20 week fetal scan- when you take the leap to conceive you just never know what may happen.   It was so strange that right before I logged on here the other night and first read...
so sorry Crickets- I'm so shocked with you.  I can't imagine what you're going through right now, and my prayers are with you and your dh.   I wanted to share this link- it is a blog of a woman who has a dd with downs (and found out at birth), but she documents the life of her family beautifully (she's an amazing photographer), but she also has some resources there for those who have received a diagnosis during...
yes, I had an u/s at 6 weeks showing one, but this measuring large thing is vastly different than my last pregnancies.  It makes sense that the more you have that even your uterus can lose tone.  I've heard that many dr.s don't measure fundal height before 20 weeks, I don't know why they do it so early there.
I was just confused about my mw measurement today.  My uterus is at my belly button, but she measure with the tape measure and said that I was 14 cm.  I'm confused by that because everywhere I read says that uterus should be at the belly button at 20 weeks, and that the cm's should correspond to the number of weeks that you are.  Anyone know?   Also she had a hard time finding a heartbeat.  Then finally she put it up high near my belly button and found it.  There was a...
Mine did not regain perkiness, but maybe that's because I'm a ripe old 37?  But maybe yours will.  Maybe I just got bad boob genes- I don't know.  But, yes, a good bra for sure!
sadly yes (while not pregnant or bf), and even more sad is that I think it gets a bit worse after each kid.
yes, deflated is a good description.  The complete opposite of perky.
ok, so here's my big belly at 13w 4d... I've been in maternity clothes since 10 weeks, and I've never been this big this soon in any of my previous pregnancies.  Oh, and my belly was totally flat when I got pregnant.    
interesting.  I had an us at 6w5d that showed only one, but it does make me wonder.  I've never measured larger in any of my other pregnancies.  I have a mw appointment on tues, so I'll see what she says about it then.
So I was feeling for my uterus this morning, and it's right up under my belly button- at 13 weeks 3 days.  That seems really soon to me.  From what I was reading on the internet it seems like it should be just a bit above my pubic bone at this point.  This is #4 so I don't know if that would cause my uterus to become large so quickly.   Can anyone else feel their fundus at this point?