or Connect

Posts by kateaton

oh m gosh, I've got a thing for corn chips too, or popcorn.  But I will not compromise on insisting that it's organic.  I will not knowingly eat gmo's!  But lots of corn products here... french fries/hamburgers with ketchup... ketchup tastes so good to me right now.  But I make myself feel better by buying the organic kind- so silly.  Gluten free burritos, gf toast, potato chips, plantain chips from trader joes, turkey wraps.  I've been wanting tater tots so bad, but I...
That is a tough call- but you really don't know what your second birth will be like.  My first was a week of prodromal labor, with 15 hours of hard labor.  My second was 15 hours from first contraction until birth.  My third was about 5 hours from start to finish- and I didn't realize how quickly it was going, by the time I got to the birth center I had dd in less than an hour.  She was born on the bathroom floor, b/c she came that quick.  I had no idea I was that close to...
We won't tell our name either.  We did with my first 2, and we got all kinds of opinions and criticism.  But with dd3 we waited until her birth and just announced it- and they had to accept it.  No comments were had!   Crickets- I always felt like it was enough of a surprise to meet the brand new human being that shares your dna, that spent many months wiggling and kicking inside of you- I don't need to be surprised by the sex too.  Believe me you will be crazy surprised...
Personally, I think that infant car seats are necessary.  We bought one with a higher weight limit and dd3 was in it for over a year.  I live in a cold climate and in the winter there is no way that I want to repeatedly remove an infant from a warm cozy seat into the cold- especially for quick trips in and out of somewhere. Also, as they get a little older and fall asleep in their seat, it's helpful to not have to wake them up to remove them from the car.     For longer...
when I mentioned bouncy seat I meant one of these   http://www.target.com/p/bright-starts-playful-pals-bouncer/-/A-14331380?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C14331380&CPNG=Baby&kpid=14331380&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14331380&gclid=CMzC7db5ybwCFeYDOgodeWcAxg
I have several friends who do the honest company diaper service deal.  I think they're really happy with it- I will say the diapers are really cute.  but it's still way more expensive than cloth.   I also love my bob stroller (it's a single).  I will need to go back to my baby jogger double when this baby is older, since he/she and dd3 will be 22 months apart.  My baby jogger is from 2006, I really need to get it reupholstered.  Does anyone know if the company sells...
will you cloth diaper- if so, you'll need a stash of which ever kind you choose,cloth wipes, etc.   I liked the k'tan until about 5 months or so, then dd seemed to outgrow it.  I bought a babyhawk mei tai carrier.  I wore her in the front a lot but could wear her on my back to make dinner/clean.  this was super helpful.  I also have an ergo, which I love for babies close to and over 1.  But the mei tai felt more secure since the back was higher.   You'll need bedding...
you are not supposed to sleep on your back- I'm not sure exactly when but sometime in the 2nd trimester.  It's b/c of the vein that carries oxygen/blood can become squished b /c of the weight of your uterus pressing on it.  I found that sometime after 10 weeks with my last pregnancy I was uncomfortable on my back and couldn't breathe well.  Unfortunately the pregnancy sleeping thing just gets worse the farther along you get 
I'm the same way, in that I don't sleep well with dh in the bed in pregnancy.  I need lots of space and can't stand him touching me.  Of course, our mattress isn't the greatest, we bought a pillow top a few years ago and it was never good, the middle is concave when 2 people are on it.  When I'm not pregnant this doesn't bother me, but when I get to the point where I can't sleep on my back I'm in agony.  I have to put all these egg crate things on it, so that my hips don't...
yep, we're expecting #4!!