or Connect

Posts by mamameliaISback

Amanda - Your home sounds very organized and just lovely.
My list hasn't gone up since my last update. Been too busy to do more than the basic clean. But I've found someone to take some learning materials off me and put them to good use - so YAY! And my mama really likes my set of 6 glass coffee cups and I am finding them a little annoying, so I may just pass them on... I am starting to find it harder to de-clutter big piles.. Now we are probably going into the single digits per day. Everyone's doing so well!
28 more items leaving the kitchen! Cleaned the pantry 1130/2010
Another 10 items from the kitchen (cookie cutters, book and lego mat). I think I'm back in the game! Total: 1102/2010.
Thanks pixiemammy! I have actually found a new technique that seems to be working (so far).. I told myself that I'd tidy up certain areas and as I tidy them up, I also de-clutter. What I've usually done in the past is take out all the stuff that I no longer want from each area (tidy or not), put it aside in a bag or box and leave the space as is. After all is said and done and I'm exhausted from going through everything in a crazy fashion, I'll tidy up. I've noticed...
43 items!
Thanks treespeak. I am trying to so hard to regain the inspiration. When things are really disasterous I find that I am more able to get into the swing of things but when they are just a little unpleasant, I'm more willing to bear it. I started a little more tonight, just tidied up the children's toys and found a few items to put aside. Then went through the book cabinet and did a little more 'tidying up'. But I feel I won't get into the full swing of things until...
I am so envious of everyone's progress. I've been stuck in a rut since the house is relatively tidy and clean (except for the laundry room) and I don't feel like de-cluttering anymore. But I know if I don't, it will build up fairly quickly again as I did not complete the job to start with. Somehow knowing that hasn't been enough motivation. My heart is just not into it and I don't know how to regain the original inspiration. So I think I may back out for now But I'll...
Oh boy, I've been in a slump too which is why I am not posting updates in numbers. We moved things around and put them in corners to make the house a lot more clear and neater for the inspection but I have not taken pictures as it's not the end goal. There is still more work to be done and I have to take a couple boxes that were meant to go out from under a box that is staying (this was all done in the name of neatness). I may start again this weekend. It's hard...
Today, I... -Cleaned the kitchen and gave the benches a scrubbing of their lifetime. Before the day is over, I am going to... -Organize my 'to give' pile in the spare room and pack the items I just randomly placed on the floor last night -Go through the bags that fell behind the fridge -Go through our book cabinet and see if I can find just 2 books to give away -Go through the kitchen cupboards and do the same (except I'm hoping to find more than just 2...