or Connect

Posts by prone_to_wander

Tenk, I'd love it if you could take a crack at it for me too! I have only gained in the belly and my face has not gotten any rounder....in fact i think it has gotten more pointed. and we checked the babies heart rate today and it was between 125-140. She said baby was having a snooze. I have my inklings...and I'd love to throw yours into the mix.
I would, and I thought about trying to find a international midwife. But midwives in HK do not do homebirths. I have looked high and low. My midwife says it is because they are fine unless they need to transfer and then it gets dangerous because no one does homebiths here. The system is convoluted. I have thought about trying to get her to stay...but in my contract with her it mentions something about transfering when she thinks it is time. I'm really stuck between a...
No. Only your husband can attend...and sometimes they don't let them i as well.
I'm going public because I found that they were going to be the most receptive and flexible... I will have a birthing plan, and they seem to be respected from what I've heard. But going public means you get no choice about doctors and it is a different one everytime. I've hired a midwife. She can't actually help me in the hopsital but she'll assist me with my labour at home and then help me transfer to the hospital at the last minute. I do intend on being very squeaky...
Can ya'll send me some good vibes? There isn't much I can do about my situation. I live in Hong Kong and I'm using the public system. I don't get to choose my doctor (in fact I get a different one everytime). I do have my own midwife (who can't actually be there for the hospital birth) but will help me stay home for as long as possible and then help me transfer. But I just need to stay positive and upbeat about my situation. Here is a bit of a blog I posted about...
I have been eating crystalized ginger when I begin to feel a bit nauseous.
We call our belly-dweller Otis. I've been teasin my husband for years now that we would name our first born Otis so it totally stuck.
I was a social worker in Alberta, although not for the gov't. I had a client in a similar case and they sought out the father for support. But visitation was seperate. Good Luck.
So I have really grappled with this. I am very concerned that later on down the line I'm going to have problems with drs and nurses who don't believe my dates, but I really don't want this ultrasound. So I'm going to deal with the consequences of this later and limit my exposure to ultrasounds. I think I will have the one at 18-20 week. But I just can't justify getting this ultrasound just because of the institutionalized nature of the care here in Hong Kong. I think...
Quote: Originally Posted by starkyld I'm not comfortable with the idea of lots of recreational ultrasounds due to the potential risks that they entail, but those risks are relatively small. If the birthing climate in Hong Kong is anything like the birthing climate in Thailand, I can definitely see an early induction being pushed on you. If you're not sure about your dates and you haven't had an ultrasound yet, now might be a good time to get one so that...