or Connect

Posts by prone_to_wander

What is your favorite thing about being pregnant? It is hard to say. Other than the bit of morning sickness and the general unwell feeling I don't know if I feel pregnant. I did break down and cry in Ikea this evening while choosing a dresser, so perhaps I should feel more pregnant. But I think my favorite part about being pregnant is that at the end of all this, I'm going to be a mom! Holy cats!
Since you said you are feeling better food-wise I'll ask about food. What is your favorite food when not pregnant and also so far while pregnant? I love cheese and potatoe pergoies with sour cream and chives. They are impossible to get here, so I have to wait until I go and visit my family in Canada to eat them. And my favorite food so far in this pregnancy is watermelon. It is so refreshing and delicious. I think I could eat and entire one.
How many children would you like to have? I thought two might be a good number for me. But I have felt so horrible sometimes during this pregnancy that I might not want to do this again. What color hair, and eyes do you have, DH have? I have brown hair and green eyes and DH has blonde hair and hazel eyes. But all three of my siblings have red red red hair so there is a chance that we have a ginger kid. What color would you buy most once you know the gender of your baby...
where else have you traveled? I've been to London, Amsterdam, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Eygpt, Several places in the PRChina like (Beijing, Youngshou, Guilin, Hainan Dao) Macau is really close to here so we go there often for a day trip, Thailand, India, Canada (PEI, West Coast, Interior BC, Toronto), and USA (Fresno, Florida, Harrisburg, NYC, Seattle) what is one of the funniest things that has happened to you while traveling? When we were in South Goa, India we stayed...
What brought you to Hong Kong? Well, I had lived Guangzhou, China before and had some friends who had moved out to Hong Kong. I was on my way to South Korea to teach English and liked Hong Kong so much that DH and I decided to stay. What is the school you work in like? The school I work for is an all Chinese kindergarten. I am the only foreign teacher. I have a pretty easy workload, but I teach all 260 students everyday. I maintain our visa so we can stay in HK, so I get...
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere in the country you live in? I've always put a high priority on travel and so I am an expat in Hong Kong (which is a lovely city btw). I'd really like to go to North Korea during their Mass Games. I know it isn't everyone's perfect destination, but I'm really interested in the insanity of it all. But my DH refuses to go. He is afraid we'd get chucked into a gulag. If you could live anywhere with...
I guess this is me already! Wow. Real name? Debbie Age? 28 Where are you from, where do you live now? I'm from Northern Alberta, Canada and I live in Hong Kong now. Due date? May 30 How long were you ttc? 2 months. I had a chemical the first month. Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out? I do lean towards wanting a girl, but I feel like he is a boy. I don't think I'll find out. Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more? One DH, one cat...
I remember reading how one Mom lied to her kids by pulling over and shutting the car off then telling them that the car wouldn't work until they put their seatbelts on.
Well, I am grown up now I suppose. But I don't really have a career. I feel like I've fallen into most of the opportunities in life instead of actually trying to achieve something. So I'm looking to work towards a specific career. One that I have chosen. I'd love your thoughts on what I should do. Currently I have a BA in Behavioural Science My options: 1. Get my Master's in Education. Currently I'm a Native English Teacher at a kindergarten in Hong Kong. I see myself...
Quote: Originally Posted by mckennasmomma But I honestly hate the idea of having to call all the shots, of having to be "the boss". That is my role in our relationship and in parenthood way too much. It doesn't feel very "partner" to me. I totally get this statement. I occasionally have to tell my DH that I am not his mother. Get yourself out of bed and do your job as a parent and a partner. My beef is when my DH, who works from home,...