or Connect

Posts by prone_to_wander

we had just gotten back from emergency a few hours before i wrote my post. I started convincing him to nurse as he drifted off and now we're good. I've managed to get lotsa fluids in this kid mostly breastmilk. I am aware of the signs of dehydration, we have lots of wet diapers, wet tears and he is nice and plump, not looking dehydrated in the least.   I know that not everyone is up on their health info, but the pp seemed a wee bit dramatic.
My poor ds has pneumonia, and is also vomitting and diarrhea. But he is now refusing to nurse! Help! I don't want to rely on pedialyte to keep him hydrated. Any tricks?
I have found that for most things like this that it will pass. I have totally felt as you are feeling and eventually he went back to a decent sleep schedule. I am not a fan of CIO also. If you're partnered, can you as him/her to take the baby for 1/2 of the night wakings? Or even just a few?
Sounds like a nursing strike. I'd continue just what you're doing.
Seems pretty young to be potty training.
I'm not in a grad program, but an midwifery undergrad in Canada(which is very intense). I am also partnered. My week looks like this: Mon class 12:30-3:30, 7-10pm Tues class 8:30am-11:30, 1:30-2:30, 5:30-6:30 Wed no class. So I take my ds to a play program in the morning. Study in the afternoon. Thurs class 9:30-11:30, 12:30-1:30 Fri no class I like having days off, because I feel like I get so much more accomplished. I also try and workout 3 times a week on campus. My dh...
I agree with the previous posters. No more pumping. 9 days postpartum seems way too early to be pumping. I would not give the pumped milk in a cup though. Although if you must, a cup or spoon is the best option. Not a bottle. I'd take Tylenol or Advil to help with the initial pain and use lanolin, allowing the breasts lots of air drying time not bound up in a bra. I had a really rough time breastfeeding. What worked for me was to turn up some awesome music, dance around...
My ds is 19 months old and generally he can have Milkies whenever we are together. As I'm in school full time, I don't get to see him as much as I'd like, so i don't really limit his access to breastmilk. But I hate twiddling. He tried to tweak my nipples and I stopped that. Then he moved on to jamming his fingers in my belly button. No way kid! but it is the thing we do, he wants to connect with me, then he can have some milkies. No problem.
I agree with megan73. Unless there is actually some sign your baby really isn't getting enough milk (not gaining weight) then he/she probably is. Especially if you are feeding on demand.
Mind if I join? My most thoughtful gift came from my DH. He got me a wax stamp. I had wanted one for years although I don't ever recall mentioning it to him. Gifts from my parents were a bit hit and miss. They got me a book I wanted but then gave me a pink, for women tool set. They gave me the almost identical pink tool set the year before as well, the difference being that this years pink tool set has a drill. (my mom didn't forget that she bought the almost identical...