or Connect

Posts by Carolina Kel

Seeing as how I started this thread, here are my picks for names and why :)   Girl: Edain (Ay-deen) Lyn Boy: Dylan Ray    Our name choices for the final munchkin, like our picks for our son, Eirik, and daughter, Skadi, follow a couple of rules.   1) We like names with meaning or stories behind them. - Edain is a celtic/Irish goddess that is considered a patroness of craftsmanship and artisans and has been associated being one of the triple goddesses of...
                 The August 2012 DDC Name Roster!!!                   
Hello :)   Seeing as how we already have a gender thread, let's hear your picks for names!   Feel free to share your name ideas, or conversely, not share them and tell us why, reasons why you are thinking of the names you've picked, get feedback on your choices, etc. :)   We'll add your name picks to the wall, just post them with your EDD :)   ~*~*~*~ PLEASE KEEP IN MIND ~*~*~*~     The names we pick for our children and reasons for those names...
Howdy -   Anyone else insanely tired? Like, do not pass GO, do not collect $200, drop and give me 40 winks tired?    While I am an accomplished opportune napper, lately I have been sleeping a ridiculous amount and it still feels like it's not enough.   And by a ridiculous amount, I'm talking about 14 to 15 hours a day. Usually 10 hours at night and another 4 to 5 hours spread out over the course of the day when I take naps with the kids or crash on the couch...
Sounds spiffy :) I'm game! Sign me up!
I've taken a couple of the online tests to play around, and some say GIRL, a couple say BOY.    As for what people want... Both RJ and Abeja want a little girl to spoil and another reason to go buy more shotguns.    Me personally, I honestly hope it's a little boy, only because there is not as big of a gap between my daughter and the impending munchkin as I would like, and I would worry about her getting the shaft attention-wise if it were another daughter. I...
  1. How do you feel about your youngest becoming the middle child? Do you have concerns about this, and if so what? - Right now, Skadi is still a baby to me... 9 months. She'll be around 17 months when this munchkin is born. Because she has been such an easy little one and we've had so many issues with her brother - speech delays and feeding issues - I'm honestly afraid of her suffering the invisible middle child syndrome. :(    2. How do you think the child...
I am seeing the same OB for a couple of reasons...   1) She knows me. After 1-1/2 pregnancies with her (I started in Ft. Bragg with my daughter, then we moved back to Ft. Lewis), she knows my quirks. And she knows I make awesome pralines.    2) I'm too lazy to break in someone else. After trying to find a good OB in Fayetteville, and the nightmare that entailed, I'll stick to who works.   3) I have issues with my blood pressure and while I can hope to hell...
Because I *want* this baby to be on time and not early like his/her siblings (34 and 35 weeks), I have to exercise in order to keep my blood pressure under control. As a result, I am doing a walk-run Couch to 5K program and also Crossfit.    I cannot say enough good things about Crossfit. I love love love love love it, and my trainer is absolutely amazing. While I know the workouts I am doing are not full-throttle Crossfit because I have to keep an eye on my heart...
'Ello :)    Joining the fray!   My name is Kel, and my "SURPRISE!" munchkin is due 23 August :)   I'm 34, in school for my MSW, Mami to an almost three-year-old boy, Eirik, and an almost year-old girl, Skadi, wife to RJ and partner to Abeja. I'm slightly crunchy... CD, cosleep, babywear, and I EP'ed for both my kiddos because they were NICU grads and I love to cook :D   We're a happy band of primal, Puget Sound pagans. Glad to meet everyone :D