or Connect

Posts by jane-t-mommy

When someone is down around here I break out the hot packs (rice packs) that I warm in the microwave.  Very soothing if one has the chills.  Books on tape for younger kids.  Food deliveries to the sick room.  Popsicles, or frozen bananas whipped (food processed) into soft serve (add a very small amount of oj, or other liquid).  Tea, humidifier with lavender oil. Warm baths when the peak illness is past.  Sleep.  Hope your DD is recovered completely soon.
My fav is:  open a bag of tortilla chips, warm up a can of refried beans, open a jar of salsa.  Dip until I can't dip no more.  This can get fancier with cheese, avocado, etc involved, but the basic 3 keep me pretty darned happy.   Popcorn and smoothies...great idea! Pancakes grilled cheese cereal and toast with pb and banana and tea
CP enchilladas sounds heavenly!  I made Dal in my CP today, and jasmine rice in the rice cooker.  Nice to come in from a rainy night to yummy smells and hot food!  I'm serving it with green beans, and yogurt, with leftover foccacia pieces from last night.
I made a pasta bake, which is also lazy mom's lasagna:  cook shaped pasta, blend tofu, egg, garlic, seasonings and mix into pasta, stir in sauce, put in dish and top with cheese...it's a family hit.  Along with foccacia,  and steamed brocolli.  I also managed to get a batch of muffins into the oven for our breakfast!
A huge vat of soup/stew/chili  with biscuits or bread, corn bread, roasted veggies, fruit or other pie...
PB & J's   Almonds with Chocolate Chips   Leftover Foccacia    When I make Pizza I make a TON and then we have some for snacks   Leftover Pancakes with PB or other Nut Butter spread between   Cookies, Muffins   Veggies with Dips (hummus, beans, guac)   Pretzels with mustard
Here is the story:  dd (11) is a vegetarian, she does eat eggs.  ds (7) a bean avoiding beanaphobe, does not like eggs, at all, and could live on noodles.  They basically are polar opposites in many ways, especially on the food front.  I am losing my mind trying to come up with options on a daily basis that covers all the bases.  Noodle based meals are fine, but we need to have more than one common meal!!  Pizza is also a staple. Some nights I end up making about 3...
Yes, my ds was 4 when he broke his leg (skiing) and it was a real nightmare.  He went to physical therapy after getting the cast off and it did take some time, but he is fine now, and has been for a long time (he's 7 now).  Mostly he had to learn to trust that his leg was OK again and really use it.  Just yesterday he was playing a jumping on one leg game and I noticed it was his previously broken leg he was jumping on.  He had favored it for so long, it was really good...
My first thought is that she would see the kids entering the school at 8 (or whatever time) and not leaving until 3 (or whenever) and you could easily point out that they have been at their desks for that time, while she has been playing with her sibling, going for a walk, helping you bake, whatever. We live a little ways away from schools, but have to drive by them whenever we go somewhere, so if it is during the 3 o'clock exodus, I always point out to my kids that those...
A pound raw or cooked looks gigantic! I have a food scale and I"m always amazed at how little a large amount of greens can weigh. I put loads of greens into a smoothie once or twice a day and get lots that way. In the book he says that you are aiming for a pound of raw and pound of cooked. I actually wasn't able to eat all he recommends! Here is the basic outline I've been following: Breakfast: Fruits (he recommends 4+) Lunch: Large Salad and cooked green,...