or Connect

Posts by CrescentC

Hello all,   I am looking for a good family practitioner to see myself and my daughter.  We're also looking for a dentist who is good with kids.   We're on the Northwest side of Houston (Tomball, Cypress, Spring) and would like to stay on this side of town.  We have relocated in the last year and while we don't get sick often, I know it's not reasonable/feasible to drive to our hometown for every doctor's visit/check up/etc.    There have been a number of...
I have recently moved to the Spring area and will be relocating to the Tomball/Cypress area in the summer.  My daughter attends a great Montessori school, Champions Montessori, in Spring.  We will be enrolling her (and future little ones) at Longwood Montessori when we move to Tomball.  My husband and I are both school teachers in the area--he in Tomball ISD, me in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.  I think CFISD is waaaaayyyy too big (4th largest ISD in the state of Texas), so our...
  I was curious as to what kind of hours you have as at stay-at-home teacher.  I have seen organizations advertised as 10-3pm and then others stating you need to be available to your students from 8/9am-4pm.  Do you keep your kids home with you?  Is your curriculum provided or do you create?  
  Thank you, MamaBookworm!  I went ahead and bought a humidifier and some saline nose spray.....we'll see if I can get it up my kiddo's nose, though.  She tends to have strong opinions!  ;-) 
My almost five year old is very healthy, rarely sick beyond a runny nose--as a result, I am totally ill-prepared when she *is* sick!    Currently, we're dealing with a super runny nose during the day with totally normal mood/behavior.  Night time is a different story--she's waking up frequently because she can't breathe through her nose.  She is also feverish during the night (but none during the day).     A number of friends have suggested a humidifier/vaporizer...
Thank you so, so much.  These are all excellent suggestions.  I actually have "Playful Parenting" in front of my right now!  I'm going to dive into it this weekend while my kiddo is at her bio-dad's house.   I discussed TV tickets with my hubby last night and I think that's the route we'll go.  I'd be happy with no TV period, but my daughter does enjoy cartoons (what kid doesn't, right?!)  I also think that we'll try to go to the park or ride bikes more.  She can bike & I...
crunchy_mommy--I love the bell idea!  I think my daughter would really respond to that as well.  Thank you so much for that suggestion.   As for your questions--no, I really don't get the time I need to recharge myself.  I do try, though; I think my problem is that I need SO MUCH time to myself to really feel okay.  I am in a 12 step meeting once a week and a women's empowerment group every two weeks.  But my husband and I are both public school teachers--both of us in...
Thanks--I really appreciate your response.  I am definitely trying to keep in the forefront of my mind that she's little and I'm the adult.  I recently found this poem and I've taped it up on my bedroom mirror to remind myself:   Give me patience when little hands Tug at me with ceaseless, small demands. Give me gentle words and smiling eyes, To keep my lips from hasty, sharp replies. Let not fatigue, confusion or noise Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys So when in...
This is almost exactly what I've been dealing with in regards to my almost five year old as well.  I don't have anything to offer, but wanted to bump the thread.  
I am asking for help regarding patience and temper.  Does anyone have any recommendations as far as books or other resources go?     I'm feeling like a horrible wife and, even worse, a really horrible mother because of my lack of patience and my quickness to temper.  Over the holiday, my father played for me a cassette tape he found of my brother playing with a tape recorder as a child.  On the cassette, I could hear my mother yelling at me in the background and it...