or Connect

Posts by juleslane

Oh gosh, I could have written your post Stacy....minus the step son part. I have 4 kids now, and my youngest is a month old also. You can see my kids ages below....they are all still young and majorly stressing me out also. I actually came on this board today to see if anyone else was struggling with PPD or if this is normal. My dh works afternoons and evenings so i am alone with the bedtime routine every night. My 2 yr old co-sleeps as does baby and my 2 yr old doesn't...
Just wanted to see if I am the only nut who has a few kids and is already talking to dh about the next, lol?!! No, I am not thinking of TTC NOW, but I started thinking about it when the birth control talk came up. I have my 6 week check up soon and I don't want to get the IUD like last time if we plan on having more. We have 4 kids, and I have had all c-sections My doctor said that my uterus looked great and we could go for a 5th if we wanted, but it's best not to...
Thanks mamas Tenk, I tried the swaddle binky tip today and it has worked like a charm!! I love to wear her to sleep a lot of times, but sometimes I just can't. I put her all swaddled in the loud living room, and she went right to sleep. No shot of it staying like that, but suppose I will figure it out over time. Each kid brings different challenges, huh?!
Ok mama's.....can I convince anyone to share their daytime nap routines if you have other children? I have 4 kids....my 3 older ones are home all day long and are pretty noisy of course. My 3 week old loves to sleep on me, but it is hard to get her to sleep anywhere else on the main level. I am sure I could get her to sleep upstairs in my bed(we co sleep), but can't exactly leave the older kids alone for the time it takes to get her to sleep. Carrying her works ok, except...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerlin I was afraid to use the cradle hold, so I used the newborn hug hold so my baby could listen to my heartbeat. ditto
I used cloth mostly with my 3rd, but not with my older 2. I had full intentions of being exclusivly cloth with this babe(#4), but it is not working out that way. With homeschooling, preparing to get back to working at home with my business, and life in general, I can barely wash clothes to wear, let alone wash diapers. Doesn't help that dd4 leaks through all the newborn cloth diapers I have tried and haaaates feeling the slightest bit wet!! So for the past week, we...
I get asked if my children have the same father all the time Out of my 4 kids, only my second has the dark skin hair and eyes like her father. She sticks out like a sore thumb from my other 3 dd's who have light eyes and sandy blonde hair like me. Bless her heart...I can't count how many times people ask "are they all yours? Even her?!" and point to my second dd. I find it incredibly rude for people to assume, yet I know they are just trying to make conversation....
I have 2 older dd's I would like to begin home schooling this year(kindergarten and pre-k), but I also have a 2 yr old, and a newborn AND work a bit more than part time as a photographer. Most of my work is inside the home on the computer, although I do need to leave the house for about 6-9 hours per week to do the actual photo sessions. While I would LOOOVE to not have to work and focus on just my babies and their education, it is not an option Still, the thought of...
How is it going for you? Who often are you nursing your toddler? My story....I was nursing my now 21 month old only at nap time and few times at night for the past 7 months. I had really very little milk as the hormones dried me up. She did it mainly for comfort, and REFUSED to even attempt to nurse during the day. Only nursed when laying down and sleepy. Well, since coming home and having milk come back, that's all she wants to do. I can't nurse the newborn without my...
I wish I had time to elaborate, but I have a 5 day old who likes to nurse around the clock However, I thought I would reply.... I have a 5.5 yr old who is fully vaxed(until age 3) who is on the autistic spectrum I have a 4.5 yr old who was vaxed until age 2 who has SEVERE eczema, which is not in my family My 20 month old is totally unvaxed and is healthy as a horse and has not dealt with any of the issues my older 2 have. My newborn will not be vaxed.