or Connect

Posts by juleslane

I posted a couple days ago, about all this drama going on in my life right now. my world is upside down My father passed away suddenly last week at only 52. My mom was totally unprepared of course, and now will lose her house if we don't help her. Daddy died in that house..his memory is everywhere, and I grew up there. I can't let it go. The only way we can help is by taking over the mortgage and moving. I am so stressed about living with my mother again though. My...
I am going through a very, VERY rough time right now....my head is spinning. How will this all affect my growing little girl? My daddy passed away suddenly last Friday from a massive heart attack at only 52 yrs old. We are heartbroken. The service was yesterday, and my stomach is still in knots. I have never felt so much pain in my life. Now, everything is changing. My mom will have to sell their home without his income. So to save HIS home and his memories here, dh...
thank you everyone. This has been the worst 2 days of my life. I am so heart broken, and so scared the stress is not good for our baby girl, but don't know how to control it. Hormones don't help either....I can't stop sobbing. what can you do? You are never prepared for the loss of your father.
This was supposed to be a wonderful year. Things were going so great for 2010 so far. I wasn't supposed to lose my father so early, at only 50 yrs old. I went to bed Thursday night, even talked to my dad on the phone at 8pm, joking about how we wouldn't see each other until spring after all this snow we have gotten. he seemed fine and happy when we talked. No previous signs ever of heart disease. I got the dreaded call from my little brother at 1am, telling me dad...
Thanks Tenk. This was my doc from my 3rd too, and she said it was routine to have sections at 36 weeks, after amnio confirmation of lung maturity, if there was scarring from the last. I suppose my records said I had scar tissue, so she wanted to do it at 36 weeks. I went along with it of course, had amnio at 36 weeks which showed mature lungs. I guess there's margin for error, as she wasn't mature, and had RDS, and an infection of some sort. so scary My doc was still...
When is your doctor scheduling your c-section if this is a repeat? My doc scheduled my 3rd c-section at 36 weeks(was their routine), to avoid complications and stretching or rupture. She ended up with RDS and a host of complications and spent a week in the NICU. I SOOOO badly want to go to at LEAST 38 weeks this time, but I want my ducks in a row before I approach my doc about it. When does your doc want to deliver? Tenk, I saw you were having an amnio at 36ish weeks,...
I like the expression "chewy" OPMama, lol! As much as I would like to be totally crunchy, I am a bit crispie/chewy We: *co-sleep(older girls moved into their own rooms at 4 and 5 yrs, together. Will be co-sleeping with our newborn and then 19 mo old. *eat mostly organic foods, although it's hard to do exclusively with our budget and 3 kids. All fruits, veggies, dairy, grain, and meats are organic *baby wear, but do own a stroller. My youngest now LOVEs the...
Thanks for the links!! This is perfect!!! yay!
Well, I know I am having a repeat section again(4th), so my stay will be 3-4 days. Last time though, it ended up being 10 days cause they let me stay in the hospital with my 3rd dd, so I was away from my 3 and 4 yr old for 10 whole days. During that time, dh brought the girls down there everyday for about an hour, but honestly, they were SO bored and I was emotionally beat, so the distance didn't bother me as much. Different situation though I guess. My mom watched them...
I am not 100% sure what I am going to do this time, but will share my experiences. With my first, dh spent the whole time there of course. When #2 arrived, that was not an option. He stayed with me during the day, but had to come and go. At night, I was alone. I relied on the nurses ALOT, and because I had a c-section, unfortunatly, my baby had to spend time in the nursery at night, when I wasn't nursing her. The nurses were great though, and brought her to me every 2...