or Connect

Posts by omMommaom

Asheville, NC - up in the mountains.  It's not extremly diverse, but very accepting.(Nearly 1/4 of the residents are dreadlocked hippy types :) )  Great school systems - Wladorf and Montessori. It's VERY liberal, VERY green, CHEAP to live (jobs also are low on the pay-scale, but you all are writers), 5 or 6 libraries, LOTS of arts and music.  There are child-friendly music venues that consciously try to find mostly reggae!  And right outside town, there are trails all...
oooooo...me Me ME!  I've been playing for about a decade now!  And like one of the pps said, I stunk in the beginning.  I nearly gave up completely, but I found myself pretending to strum on my steering wheel (I suggest this for those who 'have no rhythm'), and one day I picked it up.  And those chords that I couldn't get my fingers to play.....well, magically I could play them!  So, I know guitar is super frustrating to learn, nearly impossible to force yourself to...
How was Sunshine?  I've been wanting to see the newest Furthur all summer.  I was able to send DH to All Good.  (I surprised him with tix and a ride! :) )  But, nothing but local bluegrass and an amazing Dead cover band called Born Cross-Eyed so far for me this summer.   We do have our local festie, Terrapin Hill, coming up in the foothills of KY.  We're bringing DS(4).  Hopefully it's cooled off a little by then!  We brought him to a grip of shows and festies when he...
DS (4) has been raised vegetarian, but is allowed to make his own decisions.  The rest of our family are omni, DH & I are currently lacto-ovo pescatarians.  We like to give thanks for food, and tell him what is in our food, and where it came from.  He gets to choose whether he would eat chickens, or pigs, or bugs, or fish.  So far he's not batted an eye, it's always "no."   When he sees other people eat meat we explain it to him a couple ways. The most effective for...
If you are BFing still, and plan to continue for some time, DC is getting adequate nutrition already!    That said, we're veggie over here too.  At that age we did great with steamed broccoli, or you can mix some chopped spinach into some pastini.  Put a sprinkling of nutritional yeast on top and viola! 
((carmel23))  I think it's commendable that you are upset about it!  Most people wouldn't flinch to the thought of raising their voice to their DC.  And then bringing it full-circle to apologize..you are indeed setting a good example!  I think it is an excellent lesson to see someone we admire, falter for a minute, make appropriate corrections to themselves, and then move into a new action.  Great job, momma!  Keep up the great work!
We have finally made the decision to HS (leaning toward an Unschooling method).  DS is 4 yo, and so much fun!  We'd love to meet other kiddos in the same age group for play/learning-dates, and fun!   
I don't care for limiting my child by a religious doctrine.   I believe that although we all benefit from guidance at times, we all carry the keys and tools and desire to have a life alive with Spirit.  Spirituality naturally seems to pour forth from the youthful ones. ( I am a youth facilitator at my Spiritual Center.  NOT a teacher, because we emphasize that each of us carries the Truth within, the answers are within each of our youth.  I have nothing to teach, just I...
Well, I'd been wanting to hs, but DH has me somewhat on-board with preschool and kindergarten out of home. (Let's leave it at that...I could really get into it...) We're actually in Nicholasville, but right on the border of Lex. LO (and myself )just might be ready to go next fall. But, I'd really like some Waldorfy-type place. I like the Waldorf mentality, but avast! cannot afford such a thing. And do not like it being so strict - our home certainyl wouldn't pass...
I've been researching Lexington because it would put us closer to DSD. (She's actually in Nashville, but we don't want to be IN the same town.) So, we are seeking a town that has great MWs, perhaps a birthing center, lots of vegetarian options, we're Grateful Dead Heads to the bone and would love to find fellow heads, as well as any Rainbow Family. We really just want a similar community to what we'd be leaving; Accepting of metaphysical psychedelic and quests into...