or Connect

Posts by jjnoho

i just filed our papers and completed them without a lawyer. we completed a motion form requesting to waive the residency requirement. the clerk told me the waiver was common and would not be a problem to get approved. i don't think you need to pay for a lawyer to do that. save your money and do the waiver yourself. it was easy. we are not required to do a home study since we are married. i just needed to provide a copy of our marriage license. so again no lawyer...
i don't have any advice about the known donor situation but i'm guessing you won't be able to complete the adoption process without him signing the surrender form or somehow not claiming his rights to the child. the adoption process requires that the child's 'father' not declare his rights thus terminating them and allowing for your wife to adopt. we have completed the forms for our adoption and were able to do it without a lawyer. i plan to file the papers on monday,...
Congratulations Mistral on the arrival of your little girl!!
congratulations lyndzies!! yeah for big babies she is absolutely lovely - those cheeks are adorable
i haven't been active at all on these boards since our little one was born on july 6. i have been so wrapped up in being a mummy that the internet has become a distant memory! congrats to all the new mothers around here and hope you all are enjoying this as much as i am. sam is 3 months old today and weighing in at 17lbs 6oz! he is a healthy, happy, and well fed baby i love watching all of the changes that seem to happen daily with him and see him starting to...
i finally had a moment to figure out how to post some pics of our little man! i cannot believe he is now 2 weeks old - what a blur it has been! we think he is pretty darn adorable http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/jjnoho/Sam/
we are finally home and trying to settle in. they kept us an extra day and we had to do some bargaining not to be kept another day because sam had lost too much weight for their comfort. my milk is not in yet and that is frustrating to not be able to nourish my little man fully. given that he was a big boy at birth, he has a HEALTHY appetite not sure how to post pics of him yet. i'm not comfortable posting fb links and making it open to the public. but i will...
well Sam is finally here! we had a c section on Tuesday. he weighs in at 10 lbs even and 21.5 inches long. he is so beautiful and we are totally in love. more to come later.
congrats megin and katie but really? you beat me to it? i can't believe it!! enjoy your babymoon
w&h - thanks for the review on slings/carriers. we have a moby, pouch sling, and baby bjorn. dw doesn't like the amount of fabric with the moby but like it and am looking forward to trying it out. afu: still no baby. 41+3 at this point. we are scheduled to go in on tuesday to evict the little guy since he is making no plans whatsoever to exit. he hasn't dropped, i am not dilated at all, and am having no real contractions but lots of non-productive bh. friday, my...