or Connect

Posts by DianeMarie

I think I have something good to suggest. In February, my 80 year old mother slippedon the ice and fractured her left elbow and shoulder. She had a total shoulder replacement, and her left arm had to be immobilized for 2 months. She is not a back sleeper, and also she could not lay flat on her back because it was too painful with her shoulder. In the hospital and rehab center she was in a hospital bed with a control where you could put the back up, back down, feet...
I felt that I just HAD to interject my thoughts on this one.......... REMEMBER mamas that the H1N1 is a VIRUS, and should be treated like any other virus!! The media has gotten hold of this and made it into a spectacle!! You treat this the way you would treat any other viral infection---rest, fluids, Tylenol or Motrin for fever. They are freaking everybody out with vaccinations and the high alerts and all this other crap and sending everybody into PANIC MODE!! The...
I actually remember reading or hearing something about females wearing underwear to bed, and how it greatly increases the risks for yeast infections and UTI's. Allowing that area to get some fresh air and not be all "cooped up" 24 hours a day is good, I think----especially at night. I don't know how any girl/woman could wear panties to bed.......so much FREEDOM is going bare a**!!!
I personally think it is a number of contributing factors---the wiring of the baby, how the parents (mother) respond to them during the night (by this, I mean allowing them to nurse whenever they want for an extended period of time or setting some limits at night, and/or picking baby up andgiving them extra "stimulation" instead of letting them lay there and talking or patting or whatever), what the actual sucking need of the baby is and how that is handled (pacifier or...
When I was little and turned 5 years old, the only thing in the world I wanted was to get my ears pierced!! My mother took me to the jeweler to get it done, and I didn't flinch and wasn't scared at all! My godmother gave me these little pearl posts, which I still have to this day---I wil be 42 next month!!
Biting is unacceptable, period. When an older child bites a younger child, they should be taken to a "quiet place" to think about what they did, and receive an explanation of why they are not allowed to bite. You can lead your child VERY CALMLY to that "quiet place", and give the explanation in a VERY CALM way. Just because your kids are out of control doesn't mean that you have to be!! When you are able to quiet them down by separating them and having them understand...
I was thinking about some kind of consistant reward system. You can prepare him and tell him that it is going to be time to leave shortly, and remind him about whatever "reward" he has waiting in the car or at home for him. Something good to eat, a fun game he likes to play, etc. You say that sometimes you bribe him with a little chocolate milk---maybe he doesn't like chocolate milk that much to make it a good bribe!! Something that he REALLY LOVES TO EAT---Goldfish...
How about saying "Okay, you're saying you don't want this now. I am giving you this last chance to keep it. When I take it away, you aren't getting it back." Then, carry through. You can't keep dancing around a 2 1/2 year old with a new baby in the house. Give him what he asks for, and when he says he doesn't want it (unless it is dinner or other meal), give him a chance to change his mind then take it away and ignore the tantrum. He will learn pretty quickly that...
You said that the father of this child does not help financially----WHY? It is his LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY to provide child support to her, especially since she is the full-time and custodial parent! If it were me, I would completely ignore my husband----only YOU know what you can handle and what you are unable to handle, and if you feel you are able to handle this, then who is he to doubt it? I understand that you want to do the pre-school home schooling thing with your...
Sinice he can scale a baby gate, how about putting one baby gate on top of another in the doorway? They should stay that way when they are "locked" into the doorway. I doubt that this is sleep walking, with all the things he is getting into and waking his sisters up. If you have an old house with winged doors, then have a piece of plywood cut the width of the doorway and the height about halfway up (so he can't scale it) and put hook and eye closures on the other...