or Connect

Posts by DianeMarie

Lock the door to his room, so he can't get out in the middle of the night and run all over the house, wake his siblings up and wreak havoc? You don't want to wake up one day and see the front door open and no son because he went trotting down the street............at this point, safety overrides everything else. Maybe when he finds out that he is unable to open the bedroom door, he'll go back to bed before he "escapes" and becomes more and more stimulated as he...
If there is no bookstore near where you live, you can order the book from Amazon..........they deliver pretty quickly, usually.
You know, another thing I'd like to add is that it sounds to me like they are getting a lot of "advice" from the mother they are living with, and there are HUGE generational differences in how babies got fed and "colic" was treated....my mother, who is 80 years old, just LOVES to tell young mothers how she raised her kids, how she fed them, how much they cried, how she stayed up ONE WHOLE NIGHT with my brother who had croup, how she walked me around FOR ONE ENTIRE DAY...
Does his psychiatrist know that he is having such a hard time with school this year? Have you called him on an urgent basis to speak with him and relay this information? If you are not getting any results with this psychiatrist, maybe you need to see someone else. You can't continue keeping him home from school and being so stressed out yourself this way. You, and he, need help before things get any worse. If he is still "trying to find the right mixture" of meds...
I have to say that I agree with moondiapers and lilyka and sleet76---although nobody wants to put their child on medications, if he is THAT out of control, where he is hurting other children, something needs to be done about that. If he does not respond to your corrections, then you need to move to the next step which is more aggressive attention and treatment of this out-of-control behavior. Stimulant medications in REAL ADHD situations CHANGES A CHILD'S LIFE. It...
I'm kind of laughing about this............ I agree with another poster who suggested that you TRY to be a little quieter during sex. Practice whispering instead of moaning.......... At the age of ten, your daughter should at least know the mechanics of sex---she doesn't need to know about different positions and oral sex and foreplay and swinging from the chandeliers sex, LOL!! I also don't think she needs to know about the pleasures of sex either, right...
I think EVERYBODY has locked themelves out of their car if they have an automatic remote that unlocks the door. I have locked myself out of the car when it was running by getting out and mistakenly hitting the lock switch on the armrest on the door as I was getting out and not realizing it. I am sure your baby is fine. She was probably crying because you were freaking out and she picked up on the vibe. Stay calm, stay patient, don't freak out and realize that we...
Furthermore, CPS doesn't tell who made the call and turned them in.
Not only did you do the right thing, but you (or someone) really needs to watch out that your brother does not try to hurt himself (or worse) out of lonliness and depression. CPS can only go so far---and, it seems that unless there is evidence of physical abuse, they don't do much. I find it wildly ironic that your parents are such "churchgoing people" and yet treat their children as outcasts and emotionally abuse them. To play such horrible mental games with a kid...
That sounds a little overboard to me. All that anti-bacterial soap and hand gel is not good for continuous use---in fact, the CDC now recommends using regular non-anti-bacterial soap for handwashing, and only people who work in healthcare and are at hight risk use the anti-bacterial hand gels. You have to consider WHAT organisms you're fighting by handwashing, and the exposure. We all have normal bacteria on us, staph being the major one. Unless your son was walking...