or Connect

Posts by DianeMarie

As an anesthesia provider, I know that 4 hours before surgery is correct for stopping clear liquids in a child. It has really gotten cut down---it used to be 12, then 8, then 6........and now down to 4. Mothers freak out when they can't feed their children before a surgery.........let me tell you, with the risk of a "full stomach" and aspiration pneumonitis in a child, waiting for 4 hours is nothing!! You do not want your child to vomit whatever is in his stomach and...
Okay---I saw what you wrote as far as your daugher's daily food intake for yesterday and today. My feeling about the foods she is eating is that you are letting her have too much junk and she is filling herself up on empty carbs, like the Goldfish crackers and Nutrigrain bars and peanut butter crackers and animal crackers and mini muffins and not eating a "balanaced" diet. It appears as if she is eating a whole lot of carbs and nothing else, and filling up on junky,...
Well, if it's any consolation.......the 3rd year olf law school is the easiest........
It sounds to me like they were miserable before you were ever in the picture, and now they have you to "pick on". Although, I am a little perplexed about the banking situation---if it was your husband's bank account, then he should have been the one to get them off the account...........and not "let it go".............how long have you two been married? Don't you have a joint bank account? Why are you bending over backwards for them? A "relationship" goes both ways,...
Apples are constipating. And it definitely sounds as if she's constipated because her intestines are not reabsorbing the water she needs to make her stool not so hard and formed more like a sausage than a big ball. Even though you *think* she's getting enough water, she may not be. Everybody's body is different, and she just may need more water. Plus, I agree with the poster that said she could use some oily fat in her diet to help it move down her intestinal tract,...
I think that as far as "judging" anybody or anything, one must try and put themselves in their shoes and think the way they think, which is virtually impossible sometimes. Your 19-year old SIL, who, admittedly, is not ready for a baby, is thinking like any other 19-year old who is not ready for a baby----she is thinking about her own vanity (which is what normal 19-year old girls think about) and making decisions based on that. Perhaps she will be open to other "ideas"...
I am writing not because of the playing in the mud and rain, but in response to whoever posted about spinning out on Big Wheels at the end of the driveway! Man, we used to do that and have contests as to who could do the most 360's after pedaling like crazy to get to the end of the driveway.......... So much fun as a kid.
WOW---Sounds like your in-laws have balls. To be told that you don't want your son in their car because IT IS UNSAFE, and then to have them do a 180 and put him in the car anyway would piss me off to no end. I mean, it seriously would. HOWEVER---Although I am in no way condoning what they did, sometimes our parents' generation look at things like car seats as unnecessary because they never had to put their kids in car seats and "they were fine." Your husband should...
Why would you want to "change" how your child is going to write? I am a leftie and do not write with the hook. I just grew up leftie and wrote the way I wrote----and never even thought about being a leftie, to be quite honest, until I was older. LOL---In 2nd grade we used to have a handwriting contest, and "Beth" ALWAYS won---her handwriting was like a typewriter, so neat and even! So, no tuntil I was older did I realize that the "contest" was rigged---to hold a...
If you bring your baby, you will spend 8 hours during the wake and in the church the next day chasing and picking up and trying to quiet and occupying your child instead of talking to family and friends or paying attention to the service and being alone with your own thoughts and prayers..........I wouldn't do it. Your baby will be incredibly bored, and the novelty of your child will wear off quickly when the adults start talking to each other, and then you are going to...