or Connect

Posts by DianeMarie

I'd totally stay out of it and not even say anything. Just because you don't like what she is doing or how she is doing it, it is not your place to tell her anything. People raise their kids how they want, and there is a lot of support from society and also from the medical world for letting a child go to sleep on it's own. And, it will never be viewed as neglect or "illegal" because of this very reason. Some people "wear" their children, some don't. Some people sleep...
That's ridiculous. The utter stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. I really cannot imagine CPS coming because your kid ran out of your yard. I have neighbors with 2 kid, 5 and 3, and those kids are all over the neighborhood. They climb over my chain link fence into my yard to pet my dog, they opened the neighbor's gate in the back when they were having a birthday party for their daughter and just walked right in and jumped on the swing set, throwing all the...
mommysarah---First, please let me apologize. In no way was my response an "attack", and I am sorry if it came out that way. I was just being honest and trying to get a grip of the situation to be able to "help" as best as possible. I still think the money is the main issue here, and I find it interesting that you only touch on that topic briefly. Your main beef is his tone of voice, impatience, bad attitude...........if I just had a car repossessed and spent $5,000...
I agree with jelifish---I would tell her to pick out the stuffed animals that she still wants to keep THAT CAN FIT IN A LAUNDRY BASKET. Chances are, she has no idea what is even in the bottom of those baskets, and she hasn't seen them in a long time. She can keep a laundry basket full, but everything is being thrown out/donated (I frankly don't know who would want a used stuffed animal---don't they get yucky after a while? I know I wouldn't want a stuffed animal from...
The cows in my neighborhood are upset about the "unintelligent herbivore" comment..........they think that just because they aren't the smartest doesn't mean they don't make good milk!!!
How many children died in cribs in the same period of time? The 3 cases that they quote are several day old babies, who are at much higher risk for SIDS and breathing problems to begin with. How many children slept with their parents in this same period of time---and did not die? When "new" directors step into their posts, they have to find something to harp on, or else it looks like they aren't doing anything.........and this seems to be what he is harping on. ...
I agree with Cativari---it seems that most of the problems are coming from major stress about money, and that is completely understandable. If you are worried that you are going to lose your house, then that can cause enough stress to give you a heart attack. And, now there is a bit more understanding as to WHY you are given a credit card to use for grocery shopping and asking for things........in your prior postings, you made it sound like it was an abusive situation...
Today he told me he needs me to either be nice to him, leave him alone, or for our son to stop being retarded Okay---tell him that by leaving, and taking the kids with you, that you are "leaving him alone", exactly what he wants. He can't argue with that, can he? In listening to all of this, I can't help but wonder if he is clinically depressed. The history of alcohol abuse, his increasingly aggravated behavior and disrespect toward you are all signs of...
First---close your eyes and take a deep breath. This is not an absolute emergency--nobody is bleeding to death in front of your eyes. You have TIME to think, you have TIME to make decisions---your back isn't up against a wall. However--think things through thoroughly before making any rash decisions. Try to find someone to talk with---maybe you feel embarrassed, but don't feel that way. Just like Forrest Gump said "s**t happens"---and that is SO true. You don't...
Maybe you could look in the paper or online for someone who is looking for a roommate. Perhaps you could borrow the money for the first month and then get a job or have one lined up by the time you move. It would certainly be easier to share rent than to pay it all by yourself----and, furniture and cooking supplies and things would most likely would already be there, except a bed for you and your kids. You don't want to get into details, BUT----plotting and planning...