or Connect

Posts by SoxMama

We live in the same amount of space (1300 sqft) with 3 + 1 on the way and two cats. We feel really cramped and hope to relocate in the next few years. The main reason for us is that in our region of the country homes do not have basements and rarely attics so there is hardly any storage space. We don't have a single closet that is not in a bedroom (no pantry, no coat closet, etc.). It's difficult to find space to put things like vacuums, cleaning supplies, tools,...
Me too! Crossing my fingers that it stays this way. I haven't had one bit of nausea. I didn't have morning sickness at all with my DS either. Now that I'm actually saying this out loud I'm sure that I'm jinxing myself.
No seasonal flu or H1N1 vax here. I'm not opposed to vaccines in general but I personally am not comfortable getting vaccinated while pregnant.
No inklings yet but I have kind of a strange story. My aunt moved a month ago and was downsizing to a smaller place. She was cleaning out her basement and came across my grandmother's preserved wedding dress box. She asked if I wanted it because she didn't have the room to continue to store it. I told her I definitely wanted it (The dress is gorgeous and no one knew where it was at the time I got married otherwise I probably would have had it altered some and wore...
Nope...no one besides DH and I know. We didn't tell anyone about being pregnant with DS until I was 10 weeks along and then only our parents. Then I made my mother wait two more weeks to tell anyone else and I thought she was going to explode! DH loves having a secret and this time we will tell his parents in January when they visit and probably not anyone else until February. I'm not looking forward to telling my work so I'll hold off as long as reasonably...
I'm hoping for another great unobtrusive hospital birth with my awesome CNM. I plan on using the other hospital that she is affiliated with this time though. The hospital I used previously had a split L&D and maternity ward which made for a really strange transition after birth.
Congratulations! That's such wonderful news!
Both DH and I come from households that did not spank. None of my cousins grew up being spanked either so I was surrounded by family that did not use physical discipline. I don't really remember being disciplined as a young child. As I got older I was grounded occasionally which IMO was appropriate for doing what I did wrong. My stepdad was a bit of a yeller but he would normally come to my room later and apologize and then we would talk things out. My biggest...
I really feel for you. I HATE throwing up. I was so fortunate with my last pregnancy that I did not have one bit of morning sickness. I'm so hoping to get lucky again:
Right around 7 months my DS went from 4 naps to 2. It fit roughly into the 2-3-4 pattern where after waking for the day he would take the first nap after 2 hours of awake time, then take the second nap after being awake for 3 hours and bedtime 4 hours after the 2nd nap. Honestly the pattern works so well for DS that at almost 15 months he still somewhat fits into routine. Although, he's in the middle of going from 2 naps to 1 so when he wakes at 6:30am he gets 2...