or Connect

Posts by brainysinglemom

Does anyone use cute nicknames? If so, what are they? My baby is young, but I want to develop a pooping and peeing nomenclature that feels comfortable for grandparents to use, to use anywhere in public, etc. A friend says to her daughter "do you need to make bop-bop which is cute and kind of onomatopoetic. But I am brand new to this, and maybe there are already some "standard" nicknames floating around. I'd love to hear them! By the way, I did a search in the...
Do you know if they make an overnight? I find most eco-friendly/healthier disposables are not overnights? Quote: Originally Posted by Cameron's Mommy Nature baby Care is a swedish diaper co that makes a biodegradable diaper from corn i believe? and its chlorine free... i found them at a babies r us actually and used them during the first couploe weeks or so.. then switched to cloth... not sure if u tried these yet
Does such a thing exist? I'm a single mom in an apartment building with no washer and dryer and a three-month-old who is leaking every night. Since I received shower gifts of each of the major Whole Foods brands of disposables (which was weird as cloth diapers were on my registry!), I've had a chance to try those at night and none of them are any better than the cloth for leaks. Has anyone discovered a non-grody disposable that is designed for overnight (that you can buy...
[QUOTE=LilacMama;14945163]Due to my research, I feel that breast milk is very protective against HIB and PC. I will get her the single dose of HIB when she is 15 months old, because I will be nursing her much less often by then and I feel that the single dose at the older age might be prudent. Thanks for all of the replies -- they've been so helpful. I'm now leaning toward DTaP now-ish and HIB soon-ish, with a round of homeopathic support before and after vax....
I just went to a workshop today by Lauren Feder in L.A. She is generally anti-vaccination, but does vaccinate in her office. She says the ones she gives the most are: 1. DTaP and 2. HIB and she would consider Rubella for an older girl. I'm curious about other anti-vax or selective-vax pediatricians. If you have one of those, what are his/her top three vaccinations.
I believe if you wait one more month for dtap (until 7 months) you will need one fewer dose. Do I have that right?
I have a nine-week old first (and likely only) child. Like y'all, I am struggling so much as to which vaccinations and when. I've read through a lot of posts, read Dr. Sear's book, and looked at the CDC website for each vaccination. Here is what I'm thinking -- please respond as specifically as possible if you think I've overlooked something for any vax. My baby is breastfed (well bottle fed pumped breastmilk -- we never got a latch after *tons* of trying and LC's,...
Hi! I'm due soon and just setting up a cloth diaper station. When making your own wipes, can you just use another cloth diaper to wipe the baby, or do you need a "softer" material. I've noticed flannel and hemp re-usable (washable) wipes for sale and wasn't sure it that was hype, or if using a cloth diaper to wipe is actually too irritating (or not the right "texture"). Advice, please Thanks! Julie P.S. For a bonus, are there any herbs or oils that are used in a...
I am also a large women and was given the one hour test fairly early (19 weeks?) which I "passed". It was actually kind of funny, because when I went to my appointment and asked about the results, the doctor was perplexed at why was tested so early -- he completely did not remember asking for the test, which he had done right in front of me. I guess he was feeling one way that day, and differently when I saw him a month later. I was just given another test at 28 weeks...
You're awesome; thank you! Uhm, what exactly is a front button onepiece? How is it different from a onesie? Doesn't a onesie go over the head, or does it depend what kind you get? See -- I really don't know anything! , Julie